What problems have you experienced with your Chevrolet Trax - Chevy Trax Forum
 10Likes

post #1 of 101 Old 06-26-2014, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
What problems have you experienced with your Chevrolet Trax

Post about any issues/problems you have experience with your chevy trax in this thread.
post #2 of 101 Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 PM

only thing I have heard people complain about is it's power output, aside from that there's nothing else.
post #3 of 101 Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 PM

Garage
True, there's only one engine option: the 1.4 turbo.
It certainly is not a speed monster. Turbo power only kicks in at around 4000 rpm.
In automatic (D) gear it is sluggish, not much kick-down accelleration. In Manual (M) you will notice you can step on it's tail but don't forget to push the + button to shift (I tend to forget to do that in my excitement and the engine has no trouble getting high revs)
It does have high torque. Getting up a slope does not need shifting, only pressing the accelerator pedal further down.

post #4 of 101 Old 06-27-2014, 04:01 PM

Is that going to be a problem with winter driving or anything? I'd say the Trax is doing pretty well if this is the only problem we can figure out.
post #5 of 101 Old 06-30-2014, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmouthaan View Post
True, there's only one engine option: the 1.4 turbo.
It certainly is not a speed monster. Turbo power only kicks in at around 4000 rpm.
In automatic (D) gear it is sluggish, not much kick-down accelleration. In Manual (M) you will notice you can step on it's tail but don't forget to push the + button to shift (I tend to forget to do that in my excitement and the engine has no trouble getting high revs)
It does have high torque. Getting up a slope does not need shifting, only pressing the accelerator pedal further down.
how high have you gone in the rpm range when trying to go up hill, i hate having to mash the gas so much that you hear the engine revving quite loud and are up high in rpm's, but that can also be fun.
post #6 of 101 Old 06-30-2014, 03:21 PM

Garage
With the hills we have and the speed limits (60 KM/H) it stays below 2000 rpm. I try to stay on the same speed up hill as before the hill (easy read with digital display). Sometimes it shifts a gear up but it tries to stay below 2000 rpm. On the highway when doing 100 km/h it shifts into 6th gear and engine is still revving under 2000 rpm. I guess thats why it's so economic.
post #7 of 101 Old 07-10-2014, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmouthaan View Post
With the hills we have and the speed limits (60 KM/H) it stays below 2000 rpm. I try to stay on the same speed up hill as before the hill (easy read with digital display). Sometimes it shifts a gear up but it tries to stay below 2000 rpm. On the highway when doing 100 km/h it shifts into 6th gear and engine is still revving under 2000 rpm. I guess thats why it's so economic.
not bad at all staying around or under 2000rpm is a great range to stay around.
post #8 of 101 Old 07-13-2014, 02:40 PM

Shouldn't they have a gear that makes it easier to get up a steep incline or tow? NO sense in being so hard on the engine.
post #9 of 101 Old 07-14-2014, 12:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
Shouldn't they have a gear that makes it easier to get up a steep incline or tow? NO sense in being so hard on the engine.
I don't know how the transmission behaves when towing a small trailer, it probably shifts earlier into higher gear. You can also use the manual shift when towing. Although the car is not designed to tow anything there are hitches available. I have a 2013 Curt hitch under it. Unfortunately Curt could not get their hands on a 2014 model so they don't have a T-connector wire package for it. Curt has other wire packages available but they will have to cut into the car's wire, which I don't like.
post #10 of 101 Old 07-14-2014, 03:49 PM
J.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
its called a manual transmission, just go lower. In a manual autobox you can do the same and shift to a lower gear. What hurts the engine, well not hurts, but puts more stress is lugging it up the grade. You want to be at your peak power levels when goig uphill so you spend the least amount of time with the engine lugging.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page