Backup Camera Issues after fixing recall - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 11-11-2016, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Backup Camera Issues after fixing recall

Has anyone had issues with their 2015 Trax backup camera after having a recall completed where they upgrade the software in MyLink? My backup camera used to work fine but since the recall software upgrade the backup camera does not go full screen anymore. There is about an inch border on the left side and there is a round icon at the bottom which almost looks like the camera which is mounted on the back of the car. I took it back to the dealer and they tried something but said that that's the way it is. I don't believe them but can do nothing about it. That's why I'm searching for an answer to this dilemma.

Last edited by wponczek; 11-11-2016 at 06:51 AM.
post #2 of 5 Old 11-11-2016, 08:59 AM

I did not notice anything different after the update, I will have to look the next time it needs gas, that is the only time I am "alowed"/"required" to drive it.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #3 of 5 Old 11-11-2016, 11:12 AM

That black border on the left with a camera icon isn't default? It's been there since I bought it from the dealer. My Trax is a 2016.

Last edited by bswarm; 11-11-2016 at 11:19 AM. Reason: correction

post #4 of 5 Old 11-11-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Backup Camera Issues after fixing recall

My Trax, actually my wife's Trax is a 2014 and the close to 1" border on the left was not there prior to the recall fix which included a software upgrade. It cuts quite a bit from the screen.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-11-2016, 02:50 PM

Not that I am allowed to drive it much...now I notice it too ! If you had nor said anything I never would have noticed ! LOL You mean it was full screen before...at least they could centre the image in the screen view. **** that looks stupid now that I am aware of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page