View Poll Results: Do You Regret Buying a Chevy Trax
Yes 2 8.70%
No 21 91.30%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

2Likes

post #1 of 36 Old 12-03-2016, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Do You Regret Buying a Chevy Trax

There's a poll above, it would be greatly appreciated if you would vote and leave an explanation below as to why you chose what you chose.

Do you regret buying a Chevy Trax?
post #2 of 36 Old 12-03-2016, 06:55 PM

Except for the wife having two minor wrecks, great car.

Formerly known as Urban Trax
post #3 of 36 Old 12-04-2016, 09:07 AM

This car is works great for what it was purchased for. Short trips here and there, ( groceries, kids sporting events etc...) sporty looking, great on gas and a small car for kids to learn to drive and eventually use.

post #4 of 36 Old 12-05-2016, 11:00 AM

I would say yes and no, yes I loved my Trax, it ran great got very good gas mileage and it was very good in snow.

After I traded it in on my Miata, that happened just because I was driving that car at that moment, and the dealer offered me what I thought was a great trade in price.

Afterwards I was without a vehicle for snow and I needed something to haul things in, I happened to look at the Buick Encore.

The Buick I looked at and bought was the Buick equivalent of the Trax LT that I had, it was much nicer inside it has a nicer quiet ride, overall the car is just more upscale.

I was paying close attention to the 2017 to see if they were going to as nice or better, I think they fall short, the exterior may look better, the interior looks to be plain and simple like the Trax is now.

I thought at first it was just my opinion of the car, so I had my friends check it out, they both seen and had a chance to test drive both my cars, they agreed with me the Buick is much nicer inside and to drive.

Last edited by beeguz; 12-05-2016 at 11:05 AM.
post #5 of 36 Old 12-05-2016, 11:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeguz View Post
I thought at first it was just my opinion of the car, so I had my friends check it out, they both seen and had a chance to test drive both my cars, they agreed with me the Buick is much nicer inside and to drive.
Personally I don't give much for the extra luxury that the Encore provides. Our car is never clean inside, always mud and snow on the floor, the three cup holders between the front chairs are always full with receipts, and other junk. I don't care about the rougher ride of the Trax nor for the more noise it makes. But the Trax is functional for us, it does exactly what I expected from it. It holds our golf bags in summer and our cross country ski's in winter and hold the grocery bags in weekends and transports anything else I want with no complaints. So no, there's no regrets.
post #6 of 36 Old 12-05-2016, 12:17 PM

I do not regret buying the Trax, I regret buying a second car at all. This poor Trax is getting driven by the wife only around 600 miles per YEAR. For what the payments insurance and gas cost she could use Uber or a Taxi and be a lot of money ahead.

The Trax seems just fine for what it is. I have yet to get a chance to drive it in the snow to see how it works, My Silverado is my daily driver.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #7 of 36 Old 12-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinfool View Post
I do not regret buying the Trax, I regret buying a second car at all. This poor Trax is getting driven by the wife only around 600 miles per YEAR. For what the payments insurance and gas cost she could use Uber or a Taxi and be a lot of money ahead.

The Trax seems just fine for what it is. I have yet to get a chance to drive it in the snow to see how it works, My Silverado is my daily driver.
I got to use my Trax in the snow once, I had snow tires on wheels ready for the snow, it pulled like crazy even went up my steep driveway without a problem.he rest of the winter.

For the rest of the winter we had small snow storms of an inch or two I never plow my driveway with that little snow on it, yet the Trax went up the steep drive without a problem, I always stop at the bottom to pick up my mail, before proceeding up the drive it is at a good angle.

F
post #8 of 36 Old 12-06-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmouthaan View Post
Personally I don't give much for the extra luxury that the Encore provides. Our car is never clean inside, always mud and snow on the floor, the three cup holders between the front chairs are always full with receipts, and other junk. I don't care about the rougher ride of the Trax nor for the more noise it makes. But the Trax is functional for us, it does exactly what I expected from it. It holds our golf bags in summer and our cross country ski's in winter and hold the grocery bags in weekends and transports anything else I want with no complaints. So no, there's no regrets.
I do haul stiff in my Buick but it never gets that dirty, recently I hauled 4 big tires in it down to Philadelphia, and I haul stuff from Home depot or where ever.

I am a confessed clean freak my cars are always clean spotless, they are ready for sale or trade at any moment, its easy to ask for more money for a car that is or has never been seen dirty.
post #9 of 36 Old 12-06-2016, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeguz View Post
I do haul stiff in my Buick but it never gets that dirty, recently I hauled 4 big tires in it down to Philadelphia, and I haul stuff from Home depot or where ever.

I am a confessed clean freak my cars are always clean spotless, they are ready for sale or trade at any moment, its easy to ask for more money for a car that is or has never been seen dirty.
This is a great trait to have and practice. When your vehicle gets dirty, sometimes it can stain and be left permanently dirty which diminishes the way it looks thus diminishing value. If you keep it clean and always ready, you're darn one step closer to maximizing the buck you can get for it.
post #10 of 36 Old 12-06-2016, 07:55 PM

My Chevrolet Trax meets all my expectations and then some. Personally, I purchased the vehicle out of pure fascination with the interior and the exterior...the design on the outside was unbelievable, while the minor similarities to the Sonic on the inside kept me captivated! By pure luck I was able to have standard back-up camera and 1.4 4L Turbo on the base model, not to mention the USB-connectivity and the 7" tap-screen...which I absolutely love!

I had to go without AWD, remote-start, and the roof-racks, but I guess I'll live. The Chevrolet Trax offers great MPG, is spacious enough for what I need (minimal activity during the summer-bike rack), handles well in moderate snow with stock-tires, and is cheap to insure...I guess I just down-right love this car!

No, I definitely do not regret buying the Chevrolet Trax...I would've regretted not having purchased it thought (specially with what the newer ones look like).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page