Recall issues - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 11 Old 12-21-2016, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question Recall issues

Hello all I read the other thread about the shrinking screen. My wife's car had the lines as well before the recalls. I was on the phone with her via MyLink as she turned her car off to get out and the radio started playing in the back round while we talked. Top it off with the door ding that caused all of the software (ding did not happen when key is in ignition ,car,off,driver door open NHTSA Safety) still happens. she owns a 2015 we bought last Nov w/30k mi. so you see she does a little driving..

I would like to hear from others who have shrunken screens , missing lines and any other radio issues since the recalls. It is in the shop today and they are saying shrunken screen is the same as the 2016.
post #2 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 10:16 AM

I only had my 15 Trax for a few thousand miles, I never saw a problem with mine.

The Buick has a different screen its mounted higher on the dash and is quite nice looking compared to the Trax radio screen.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well got the lines back. There is a setting for the back up camera if you drill the menu to it. You can turn them on or off. They tried that when she dropped it off ( she was there) and it did not work. The radio had to be reprogrammed erasing all settings to get them back on. Apparently a bad update the first time. It still has the left side blank space with the button that does nothing and is no longer full screen like when it was bought, that was a selling point for her so she is not totally satisfied. Time will tell if the ding ding remove your key reminder works now all the time or not. The programmer should be fired. No reason to shrink the screen to the right and add a useless button to fix a key reminder.

post #4 of 11 Old 12-23-2016, 11:11 AM

I bet they wind up replacing the whole unit, this try to fix something that is clearly broken, is stupid.

It is a waste of time trying to fix something that should be replaced.

They try a 10 cent fix trying to save money when they know it needs the whole new unit.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-23-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I hear ya that is what we are fighting for so far infotainment support at corporate has been helpful and said to keep an eye on it the start up time is still a bit excessive ( 30 sec sometimes now was a minute). They have comped a 1 yr XM for her.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-24-2016, 06:02 PM

My 2016 Trax screen stopped showing the grid and the drill down does not work. It also got smaller and the button on the left appeared. In addition, the steering wheel radio volume is not working and the outdoor temperature display stopped working. This is all I have noticed so far. Stopped at service desk and they said it needed a radio software update. I take it in on Monday so will see what happens. I have had it 6 months and am at about 5,000 miles.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-25-2016, 10:51 AM

My Wife and I bought a 2016 Trax LS. it has been in the shop twice within a week due to radio problems. the touch screen freezes up when the car is started, the volume will go out at times. and the digital read out for the speed will show all zero's. do you have any clue what is causing this? is this a issue for a recall to be ordered?
post #8 of 11 Old 12-25-2016, 10:53 AM

I forgot to add.. the grid when backing does not show all the time. and the touch screen has red lines going through it when the above problems rear their ugly head.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-29-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Frederick View Post
I hear ya that is what we are fighting for so far infotainment support at corporate has been helpful and said to keep an eye on it the start up time is still a bit excessive ( 30 sec sometimes now was a minute). They have comped a 1 yr XM for her.
I want to assure you that your feedback is of utmost importance to us, David Frederick. We strive to meet and exceed your expectations, and desire all our customers to have a positive ownership experience. I have just now documented your concerns within our systems, and if you would like to further discuss please send us a private message.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care
post #10 of 11 Old 12-29-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshelby View Post
I forgot to add.. the grid when backing does not show all the time. and the touch screen has red lines going through it when the above problems rear their ugly head.
We’re sorry to hear of these concerns, jshelby, as we know these are not expected with a newer vehicle. While our team cannot provide any mechanical feedback, we’d be happy to stand as an additional layer of support with your involved dealer. If interested, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page