Driver Information Center - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 02-07-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question Driver Information Center

Having moved from a 2008 HHR to our 2015 Trax, I was expecting to be able to find at least the SAME information, if not more on the driver information center. Before I could get odometer, trip odometer A and B, distance until empty, current mileage, average mileage, Average speed, coolant temp, oil change meter, and tire pressure readouts. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I feel the only information at my fingertips now is Distance until empty, average mileage, and engine hours. Trip odometer has been replaced by the more archaic reset pin on the instrument cluster. Am I missing something? Is there more information I should be able to access, or am I at the mercy of temp and tire "dummy lights" if there is a concern there? Would like to be able to monitor tire pressure readouts as well - is there any provision for that?
2015 Trax LT Orange
post #2 of 9 Old 02-07-2017, 03:37 PM

The OnStar android app will display the tire pressure and oil life. Another option is to get an OBDII bluetooth dongle and pair it with an android phone or tablet, then you have lots of information that's missing from the instrument panel. The OBDII dongle I bought for $15 came with the app, which shows each tires pressure, turbo boost, coolant temp, trans oil temp, speed sensors, almost everything you'll ever need.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-08-2017, 10:09 AM

In your owners manual pages 109 through 114 tells you how to get the information you want to see.

Here is a video on the chevy cruze perhaps you can get enough info off this video to help you work your DIC

They are 4 pages of information in the owner manual telling you how to use the DIC but none of them include a heat gauge.

Last edited by beeguz; 02-08-2017 at 10:25 AM.

post #4 of 9 Old 02-08-2017, 05:45 PM

beeguz, totally different then in the 2016 trax, i had a 2008 hhr it had a better DIC then what i have in the trax. I liked in the hhr it would show all four tire pressure the trx doesnt.

Trax LTZ Midnight Edition
post #5 of 9 Old 02-09-2017, 09:59 AM

The Trax is very anemic in the amount of information it will give you. Temp and tire pressure are two of the things you don't need to know when there is not a problem, if there is a problem it will turn on an idiot light to let you know. That is what made it a good choice for the wife, too much info that she does not know the meaning of confuses her. She is the type that knows where the gas goes and where the key goes. NOTHING else matters. She can not understand why I harp on her to get the oil changed every 6 months.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #6 of 9 Old 02-09-2017, 12:06 PM

My biggest problem right now is I don't have a Trax to see the things people speak of, so I use what memory I have left of what I did on my Trax and what I can find online.

My Encore convenience has tons more of toys in it than the Trax had, some of the things in the car are the same I try to go off my memory and what things are the same.

Its really a shame that they can use an instrument panel in a car with no information, we are going back to the 50's when all you had were idiot lights.

I can't see why GM didn't use the Buick instrument panel in both cars, one IP 2 car models, the Buick IP has a nice look and all the information you need even a temperature gauge.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-09-2017, 06:27 PM

I liked the 4 tires showing the air pressure in the hhr. weather fronts would come thru and the tire pressure would really fall. from like 35 to almost 28 pounds.

Trax LTZ Midnight Edition
post #8 of 9 Old 02-10-2017, 06:38 AM

They really are two different vehicles. The Buick is made in South Korea and the Trax in Mehico. I like the Motorcycle Cluster, it fits the demographics the vehicle was intended for (Millennials) the Plusher Buick was designed with empty nesters and boomers in mind.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-10-2017, 10:21 AM

On my 2015 Trax when I had it I saw the yellow tire symbol once

I got the big yellow horseshoe light, in small letters you will see( rf lf, rr lr) telling you which tire or tires are low.

My yellow light came on at 29 lbs, I had been running 34 in front and 32 in the rear to soften up the ride.

Anything over 32 lbs will keep the light out, so if your light is out you have at least 32 in your tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page