Chevy Redline Edition Trax - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jobu

post #1 of 10 Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Chevy Redline Edition Trax

Chevy introduced the 2017 Trax Redline edition at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show and it has a sportier look. It's mostly aesthetic add changes including a set of black wheels featuring distinct red hash marks, black nameplates with a red outline, blacked-out grilles and black Chevrolet bowtie logos. Anyone interested if it's an affordable package?

post #2 of 10 Old 02-11-2017, 08:29 PM

This would be a good opportunity for GM to introduce the six speed manual gearbox Trax to the US market. I've tried both and we ended up purchasing the manual version. It is exceptionally well geared and in its Torque zone in any driving condition. Had a Manual version Redline been available, its what we would have bought because we ended up buying wheels and an infotainment system aftermarket to complete our LS.

Sadly I'm told it will only be offered with the autobox.

Last edited by Jobu; 02-11-2017 at 08:36 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-12-2017, 05:23 PM

That Trax looks sweet!

post #4 of 10 Old 02-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Are they going to follow what Saturn did with their redline ecotec edition which has a supercharger instead of the turbo?

Last edited by bswarm; 02-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswarm View Post
Are they going to follow what Saturn did with their redline ecotec edition which has a supercharger instead of the turbo?
Now that would be cool. All we would have to do is buy a smaller pulley and we'd get some more unicorn power
post #6 of 10 Old 02-23-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswarm View Post
What would rock is the 1.6 diesel and the manual they are going to offer in the Cruze. Instead of replacing the platform, they should just keep refining it. Vehicle has a classic style anyway.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-23-2017, 03:34 PM

I was hoping as well they would offer that 1.6 Turbo Diesel on the Trax, and maybe add a 1.0 L3 turbo as the smallest engine version like Ford is doing with their 2018 Ford Ecosport (which they are going to bring to the states very soon). I believe Ford already offers a version of the Fiesta with a 1.0 L3 (three-cylinder engine).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford 3.jpg (145.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ford 2.jpg (90.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ford.jpg (55.1 KB, 3 views)
post #8 of 10 Old 02-23-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysandro Villalba View Post
I was hoping as well they would offer that 1.6 Turbo Diesel on the Trax, and maybe add a 1.0 L3 turbo as the smallest engine version like Ford is doing with their 2018 Ford Ecosport (which they are going to bring to the states very soon). I believe Ford already offers a version of the Fiesta with a 1.0 L3 (three-cylinder engine).

GM is reverting back to its old ways... reducing choices for customers by packaging options. Here in Canada for 2017 you can't order the manual transmission with Air Conditioning ! So they are purposely killing the manual off. I looked at dealer inventory for 2017 Trax with a stick here in Canada (Dealer inventory is around 1600 units) Not ONE manual on the lots because no dealer is going to order a car without AC. They are "dogs" to sell.
So the manual is in the catalogue so that they can put on their brochure 7 liters / 100 km and use the numbers in their CAFE compliance but they have no intention on selling it. Allows them to advertize starting at $$$$ but the car doesn't exist per say.

Its dishonest.
Caeser99 likes this.

Last edited by Jobu; 02-23-2017 at 10:13 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-24-2017, 10:06 AM

Garage
It looks nice. I hope GM comes out with good products where we can make Mods to our cars and buy better Rims, lift packages, engine mods etc. There is literally no selection when it comes to changing up the Trax. I find that dump, but they have loads of stuff when it comes to the Cruz or the Sonic. What the **** is with that **** Bringo App on that navigation. i bought navigation to have it in my car not to pay a **** third party company to run an app through my phone. They need to to an upgrade to the software and send it out to everyone for free. So mad about that

Caeser99
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-24-2017, 01:26 PM

This is great news for me since its a sign they're open to introducing special versions. Maybe some time down the road we'll see a production version of this off-road themed trax:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page