2013 Trax Window Problem - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 06-15-2017, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2013 Trax Window Problem

Hi,
I have a 2013 Trax that has an intermittent drivers window opening on its own whilst driving,has any one had this problem? Is there a fix? I'm in the UK and our authorised dealer has changed the power buttons but still opening on its own, they now say its the window motor? and are quoting six hundred pounds.

We dont have Chevrolet in the UK now.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Keith
post #2 of 4 Old 06-15-2017, 09:59 AM

Everything works from the buttons, if its not the buttons then its in the wire harness going to the buttons.

It could be 2 stray frayed wires in the harness right in back of the button assembly.

I would first check at the back of the plug that plugs into the button assembly, (the group of wires that plugs into the back of the buttons) pull back some of the plastic tape to see if any of the wires are bare. look for a bare wire or wires that are melted together. (sometimes all it takes is one single strand touching another)

The other place it might be is where the wires pass through the door, (at the door jamb), opening and closing the door may have pulled wires or caused them to fray.

For this you have to dig deeper into the door to get at it, this would require removing the inside door panel to get at the wire harness to get a look at it.

Last edited by beeguz; 06-15-2017 at 10:07 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-16-2017, 12:24 PM

I would presume wiring issue to which is going to be a little tedious to go through and check. But check through em' all thoroughly. It could just be the switch tripping out as well though couldn't it be?

post #4 of 4 Old 06-20-2017, 10:14 AM

I think changing the buttons would have cured it immediately, if it was in the window switches.

If its not right at where the buttons plugs into the harness then its where the wires run through the door jamb.

I have seen car windows not working because of the wires being too short stretching then breaking the wire inside the insulation, but never working on their own.

It could be as little as 1 strand of wire touching the up or down post in the plug.

This is one of those problems, that make mechanics like I used to be, nuts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page