Chevy Trax Forum banner

2017 Chevrolet Trax Makes Canadian Debut in Quebec City

10K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  jamessmith12jh 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

The all-new 2017 Chevrolet Trax made its Canadian debut at the Quebec City Auto Show on February 29th. The 2017 model has undergone a mid-cycle refresh that has updated its looks and features to bring it into line with the current standards in the segment.

The 2017 Chevy Trax comes in three trim levels: LS, LT and Premier. Multiple alluring features are on offer with the Trax, such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a 7" touch screen. There are also a wide array of safety technologies, which include Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning.

Most of the changes that the Trax has seen are cosmetic. There are additional chrome accents, a revised instrument layout, and a new grille and headlamps that bring the Trax's design more into line with the Malibu, Cruze and Volt.

Remaining constant is the singlular engine available for the Trax. The 2017 Chevy Trax will run on a 1.4L 4-cylinder Ecotec engine that is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. It produces 138 HP and 148 lb-ft of torque.

See less See more
#5 ·
The Trax is available with a standard transmission but as far as I can see only with front wheel drive, and only out of the US.

I was very impressed with the power of my Trax, its no corvette but for the tiny motor it is it moves along nicely.

My Trax was very lively and nimble, maybe because I never had passengers or loads of any kind in it, I thought it did quite well for being a 1.4 a honda with 1.8 doesn't feel as lively.

I haven't test driven the new honda turbo 1.5 but I will at some point before I make my next new car purchase.

#6 ·
Glad to hear your positive feedback about the power since in this segment with what the Trax offers there isn't much room for an individual to improve that area (and they shouldn't) just going to cost too much to get an noticeable amount of power.

Putting more value into your feedback is the fact you have driven something with 'real' power, a Corvette.

#8 ·
The reason most buy the Trax or Encore is the usable space in the back, I bought mine to take the place of my pick up and not pay tons of money to use it.

A 4wd truck is a nice thing to own for the convenience of hauling things, but paying $30K for a basic truck, then the slap in the face of 10 to 15 MPG everytime you need it was just too much for me.

#12 ·
You are not kidding Jobu, I frequent the "Jeep Renegade Forum" when I want to stay current on their situation, and I regret to say it is looking worse every month that passes! I was rather disappointed that Jeep was unable to improve on their 'technical-bugs' from the 2015 model, as it seems this problem is carrying over like there's no tomorrow. That vehicle was to become their flagship alongside the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but they had to go Italian and we all know where that leads!

#14 ·
Agreed "beeguz", I just really had my hopes up for the Renegade, that thing was to become the mini-Grand Cherokee of tomorrow, people are actually drooling over that thing! I've seen a couple in person, never test-drove one myself, but they do look quite interesting from the outside...specially the higher-end trims! I just can't believe Jeep ruined this for themselves.

#16 · (Edited)
New Compass is a great looking and perfectly sized vehicle with more space than the Cherokee and a footprint six inches greater than the Renegade but its crippled by the archaic noisy and gas guzzling 2.4l engine and same Automatic Transmission.

Rumor is a 2l twin Turbo direct injection motor producing 300hp is on its way but nobody has seen it. No Turbo diesel offered either by any of the big 3, that is a lost opportunity considering they all offer them in most other world markets on these very same vehicle. a 12 year old Jeep Liberty will still fetch 7000 dollars with over 100 000 miles on the clock.

#17 ·
that might explain the fact i'm not seeing too many of them on the road unless that's just a result of not living in the sort of market Jeep is targeting. but at the same time I can see how it can not appeal to a large part of various potential types of buyers

#18 ·
James, I've seen the 2018 Jeep Compass and it is a great-looking vehicle. I cannot wait till they arrive on lots over here around Christmas time, it'll be some real competition since many auto brands have now redesigned models arriving to showrooms everywhere in the country. I'm beginning to see the new 2018 Chevrolet Equinox all over the place here, great truck with a smaller-turbo engine (1.5 L4 Turbo). I believe Toyota is also adding the C-HR to their line-up.

#19 ·
Equinox also has the 1.6 turbo diesel coming soon. Same as the one offered in the Cruze. That will give it around 240 foot pounds and good towing rating.

Really wish they would offer the diesel/manual on the Trax but it won't happen. It would add 5000.00 to the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.