2017 Chevy Trax Feels More Upscale - Chevy Trax Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 34 Old 10-28-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2017 Chevy Trax Feels More Upscale

WardsAuto had a chance to sit in the new 2017 Chevy Trax and they found it to be both upscale and practical.

Following the Encore, the Chevy Trax first went on sale in early 2013 and the design has largely remained unchanged until now. Itís still sporting that familiar 1.4L DOHC turbocharged 4-cylinder engine thatís cranking out 138 horsepower and 148 lb.-ft of torque in the 2017 model. Paired with a Hydra-Matic 6T40 six-speed automatic transmission, the new Trax comes in standard front wheel drive configuration or optional all-wheel drive.

On the inside, the Trax is has been upgraded with a new dash. It may not have as much interior storage as the bin above the glovebox was replaced with leather trim and the storage above the dash was removed to accommodate center stack updates like a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, but the changes does make it feel more upscale. Along with a dash update, the Trax is upholstered with a more durable material and itís even embossed with a line design.

The Traxís performance doesnít disappoint either, it performs as expected since itís in no way a vehicle to take to the track. Its engine has enough power and torque to for casual city and suburban drives, performing without a fuss. Maybe it can even handle that wallet wrenching trip to Ikea. With the rear and front passenger seats folded down, the Trax has enough cargo space to outpace both the Nissan Juke and the Mazda CX-3.

According to Betsy Flegg, Chevyís senior manager-advertising and marketing, the new Traxs are flying off the shelves and ďdealers are asking for three to five times the number of Trax that we can give them.Ē
post #2 of 34 Old 10-30-2016, 10:12 AM

I don't mind the digital dash in my '14, but I definitely like the new front end better.

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 34 Old 10-31-2016, 11:49 AM

I had a 1LT Trax then went into a Convenience Encore, which is the middle model like the Trax.

Looking at the new 17 Buick, I would rather have my 2016 the instrument panel and interior both look way better.

The new Trax styling is a big improvement over the old.

The dash in all the Trax models is the same exact dash, or instrument package, is the exact same IP that was in the lower LS model Camaro from 2010 to the 2012 that I once had.

Chevy used parts that they had on hand rather than go out and design new parts for an untested segment, now that the Trax and Encore are selling like crazy they are stepping up their game.
rmouthaan likes this.

post #4 of 34 Old 11-17-2016, 11:36 AM

Garage
CUV's are selling better than the sedans. The best selling trax/encore goes at cost of the cruze.
post #5 of 34 Old 11-18-2016, 10:41 AM

Someone mentioned that the factory that builds Cruze is shutting down because they are not selling.
post #6 of 34 Old 11-22-2016, 01:34 PM

Garage
Yes I heard that too. Workers are possibly transferred to truck and SUV/CUV divisions or send home until needed again.
post #7 of 34 Old 11-24-2016, 03:07 PM

Haven't looked into the Spark as of lately but it's possible that over time it will pick up pace. Overseas they have a version of it called the Active Mini, a sportier version of the Spark we're currently used to, something that would resonate well with US buyers as its more of a crossover/cuv/suv than the Spark.
post #8 of 34 Old 12-03-2016, 04:47 PM

Anyone have an article about the Chevy Cruze thing, I thought they were doing well in sales. They just came out with the Hatch version?
post #9 of 34 Old 12-05-2016, 11:19 AM

I heard they had an over supply of Cruze, I just read GM has way too many new cars that are standing on holding lots, these cars are not sold, they have a big backlog of all models.

Sold cars are shipped to dealers as soon as possible, these are the cars you see standing on dealer lots, there might be a big sale coming with all those unsold cars and trucks sitting.
post #10 of 34 Old 02-10-2017, 06:20 AM

Interesting how tastes vary. I like the original front end better. It fits that butch/tonka look of the vehicle and it stands out from the Asians. The new dashboard loses plenty of storage and can no longer accept the awesome S160 10 inch aftermarket infotainment system. They've also killed the ability to order air conditioning with the base LS with manual transmission, which is why I picked the Trax. I'm sure the refresh will help sales but the original was engineered, this one was designed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page