New Trax issues - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
New Trax issues

Hi from South NJ. Just got my brand new Chevy Trax 1 week ago. LOVE the car!!
Yesterday I started having issues with the key lock/unlock. It was fine in the morning then later in the day it just wouldn't work.
I grabbed my second set and that wouldn't work either. Thank God for the OnStar app from my phone so I could lock and unlock it.
Then also yesterday the right passengers side window wouldn't go down from the drivers main button. I tried it from the back button and it went down but I couldn't get it up on either button
Took it to my dealer last night and when I got there don't you know the lock/unlock starting working again???
They took it and we're trying to figure out the window and got it up but it still won't go down now. They said they need more time and something with the wiring isn't right. They also said they need some kind of part.
They kinda dismissed the key lock/unlock issue being it was working again when I got to the dealer. They said if I press it too much it automatically locks you out for 30 mins for security reasons or something.
Don't you know when I got back home and still today it's not working again??
Car is supposed to go back into the shop on Monday and they are giving me a loaner.
I love this car and this is my very first brand new car. We bought brand new hoping to not run into any major issues hopefully for awhile. I know this isn't *major* but it's still frustrating being I only had it one week
Thanks for listening!! Just annoyed.
post #2 of 9 Old 05-23-2016, 02:20 AM

TRy the 30 minute theory, if the key does work after 30 minute then it could be due to too much button pushing. If the waiting for 30 minutes doesn't work, maybe try recording yourself when the key lock/unlock isn't working so you have video proof.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-25-2016, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks
I took my Trax in yesterday and got it back today so not too bad.
Apparently there was a bent or broken switch/circuit/wire that my dealership said was broken/bent at the factory which caused my window not to go up in the back .
Key lock/unlock is working perfect now too.
Happy girl to have my not even 2 week old Trax back

post #4 of 9 Old 05-26-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannaC View Post
Thanks
I took my Trax in yesterday and got it back today so not too bad.
Apparently there was a bent or broken switch/circuit/wire that my dealership said was broken/bent at the factory which caused my window not to go up in the back .
Key lock/unlock is working perfect now too.
Happy girl to have my not even 2 week old Trax back
Hi JohannaC,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Trax! We are thrilled to have you in our GM family. I'm so happy to hear that you love the vehicle and that your dealership took care of this concern for you. If you have any future questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us as we're always here to help.

Have a great day!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
post #5 of 9 Old 05-26-2016, 11:33 AM
sdi

Chelsea D:
I have a new Trax LTZ, purchased in Mexico this week.
The speedometer and trip computer is set in Metric (Liters and Kilometers).
Is there a way for the consumer to change format to Miles and Gallons?
I have not asked at the dealer.
Thanks, Peter

Peter
post #6 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdi View Post
Chelsea D:
I have a new Trax LTZ, purchased in Mexico this week.
The speedometer and trip computer is set in Metric (Liters and Kilometers).
Is there a way for the consumer to change format to Miles and Gallons?
I have not asked at the dealer.
Thanks, Peter
Hey there Peter,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Trax and welcome to the GM family! To clarify, are you a U.S. customer who purchased the vehicle in Mexico? I'd be happy to look into this further in the best way possible.

I look forward to your response!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
post #7 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 10:42 AM
sdi

Good morning Chelsea:
I am American born Mexican, car was purchased here, however we travel to the US regularly.
It would be very nice to flip the display to English units when we have MPH signs and buy Gasoline in Gallons.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Care View Post
Hey there Peter,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Trax and welcome to the GM family! To clarify, are you a U.S. customer who purchased the vehicle in Mexico? I'd be happy to look into this further in the best way possible.

I look forward to your response!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Peter
post #8 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 06:59 PM
sdi

Quote:
Good morning Chelsea:
I am American born Mexican, car was purchased here, however we travel to the US regularly.
It would be very nice to flip the display to English units when we have MPH signs and buy Gasoline in Gallons.
Thanks
Chelsea: stop looking. I found instructions on page 110 of the English version of the Owner's Manual I found on line.
My manual is in Spanish, and my Spanish is not so good.

Peter
post #9 of 9 Old 06-01-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Chelsea: stop looking. I found instructions on page 110 of the English version of the Owner's Manual I found on line.
My manual is in Spanish, and my Spanish is not so good.
Hi Peter!

I'm so sorry for the delay in my response. I'm glad you were able to find the instructions you were looking for! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page