2015 Trax with a possible tranny issue - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 22 Old 06-02-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question 2015 Trax with a possible tranny issue

Hi everyone! I recently bought my daughter a 2015 Trax and at 8000 miles she indicates that the acceleration is way off and when she went to put the car in reverse the "R" on the indicator was flashing and the car hesitated going into reverse then "clunked" into reverse. When she put it in drive the car revved then surged and jumped forward almost hitting another car. She took it to the dealer and, surprise, the "could not duplicate" on a road test and claimed the OBD scan showed no error codes. ANY IDEAS???
post #2 of 22 Old 06-02-2016, 09:22 PM

My guess the transmission is low on fluid, and could be damaged because of it.

I would take it to another dealer and ask them to check the transmission fluid level.

Its an involved process to check the fluid my guess is the you took it to first is waiting to see if the transmission quits before replacing it.
post #3 of 22 Old 06-03-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfphill66 View Post
Hi everyone! I recently bought my daughter a 2015 Trax and at 8000 miles she indicates that the acceleration is way off and when she went to put the car in reverse the "R" on the indicator was flashing and the car hesitated going into reverse then "clunked" into reverse. When she put it in drive the car revved then surged and jumped forward almost hitting another car. She took it to the dealer and, surprise, the "could not duplicate" on a road test and claimed the OBD scan showed no error codes. ANY IDEAS???
Hi there Mfphill66!

I regret to hear you're experiencing concerns with your Trax and I understand how this may be frustrating. I'm sorry the dealer wasn't able to duplicate the concern, intermittent concerns pose quite the challenge when the conditions causing the concern are unknown. We would welcome the opportunity to reach out to your dealership to look into this further on our end. If you'd like to proceed, please private message us.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

post #4 of 22 Old 06-04-2016, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Care View Post
Hi there Mfphill66!

I regret to hear you're experiencing concerns with your Trax and I understand how this may be frustrating. I'm sorry the dealer wasn't able to duplicate the concern, intermittent concerns pose quite the challenge when the conditions causing the concern are unknown. We would welcome the opportunity to reach out to your dealership to look into this further on our end. If you'd like to proceed, please private message us.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Ok Chevy customer care I welcome your assistance because the event happened again today and my daughter got it on video on her cell phone. Correct me if I am wrong but it is highly unusual for the check engine light to come on and stay on is it not? I believe that activation of the check engine light also records a fault code that is logged and verifiable by computer via OBDII port and diagnostics. It is also highly unusual for the car to jump when placed in gear ( D and R) especially after it has been driven for 45 minutes and is at operating temperature. The dealership is Ourisman Rockmont in Rockville MD and they failed to diagnose this the first time earlier this week. And oh, by the way, it took GM Roadside Service almost 6 HOURS to respond and get my daughter's car towed to the dealer location. GOD FORBID SHE HAD BROKEN DOWN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! Fortunately she was at home. So far I am NOT impressed with GM and all of their claims of great vehicles and service. My daughter's safety is one of the key reasons we selected this vehicle and this is clearly is an unsafe situation. Please advise as to what actions I can expect from you to assist in correcting this issue.
post #5 of 22 Old 06-05-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dear Chevy Customer Service Chelsea D. - the phone number for the service department at Ourisman Rockmont Chevy is (301)825-9536.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-05-2016, 11:43 PM

It's experiences like that which will make it easy for a brand like Tesla to come along and fill in, taking care of customers on those pain points that the bigger longer established brands typically don't address. Not the first time I heard of situations like this with GM.

But i'll give credit to the customer care team, they seem to be doing all that's within their power. Thank you.
post #7 of 22 Old 06-05-2016, 11:57 PM

I had an issue as well with my transmission or something in that area. I have a 2015 Chevrolet Trax and about 1 year ago it wouldn't go into park. No matter what I did. I took it to the dealership and when they went to pull it into the shop it went into park. They said they checked everything out but nothing was found and it hasn't returned.
Just as an fyi off topic a bit but make sure if you think there is a problem to get it fixed 100% under warranty. My mom owned a Cadillac SRX 2006 and one day she couldn't roll down the window. In fact the entire driver's door controls were broken couldn't unlock the door, windows, etc. This panel was replaced under warranty. About 2 years later it happened again and yes they replaced it under warranty. Then 8 months after her warranty it happened again and they wanted to charge my parents $1100. They were furious as this had happened before. The service manager did not charge them but he said "if something goes wrong with the same item or area of a car under warranty make sure they find the underlying problem because the next time this panel dies they would be charged"
post #8 of 22 Old 06-06-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfphill66 View Post
Ok Chevy customer care I welcome your assistance because the event happened again today and my daughter got it on video on her cell phone. Correct me if I am wrong but it is highly unusual for the check engine light to come on and stay on is it not? I believe that activation of the check engine light also records a fault code that is logged and verifiable by computer via OBDII port and diagnostics. It is also highly unusual for the car to jump when placed in gear ( D and R) especially after it has been driven for 45 minutes and is at operating temperature. The dealership is Ourisman Rockmont in Rockville MD and they failed to diagnose this the first time earlier this week. And oh, by the way, it took GM Roadside Service almost 6 HOURS to respond and get my daughter's car towed to the dealer location. GOD FORBID SHE HAD BROKEN DOWN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! Fortunately she was at home. So far I am NOT impressed with GM and all of their claims of great vehicles and service. My daughter's safety is one of the key reasons we selected this vehicle and this is clearly is an unsafe situation. Please advise as to what actions I can expect from you to assist in correcting this issue.
Hello Mfphill66,

My sincerest apologies that your daughter experienced this concern again with her Trax. Please know that your family's safety is of the utmost importance to us. We would be more than willing to reach out to Ourisman Rockmont Chevrolet on your behalf to investigate this situation further. In order to proceed, please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information, and the current mileage on the vehicle. I will keep an eye out for your message.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
post #9 of 22 Old 06-06-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Chelsea, thank you so much for your response. The VIN # is KL7CJPSBXFB226994. Current mileage is 8147. My contact information is Mark Phillips (717)881-4092.
post #10 of 22 Old 06-07-2016, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Chelsea D: the vehicle will arrive via tow truck to Ourisman Rockmont Chevy tonight 6-7-16 with the same issue it had previously. Please advise as to Chevy Customer Care's next steps. I will be obliged to contact them concerning this issue tomorrow as they did not repair it the first go around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page