anti fog - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 10-19-2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
anti fog

Can anyone recommend a product such as Rain X to prevent fogging on the interior windows?
post #2 of 6 Old 10-19-2016, 08:17 PM

There used to be a product called "Mothers Glass Polish" but I don't think it's available anymore, I haven't seen it lately nor used it for a long time. It gets applied to the glass, let dry, then a lot of buffing to remove the dried film, leaving a crystal clean almost fog proof window. It's a royal PITA to use but does prevent fogging. I've noticed the front windshield in the Trax fogs up quicker than any other car I've owned, and even the outside bottom of the windshield fogs up on humid cold mornings while driving until it warms up. I usually turn the A/C on with the heat set as high as possible, or just set it on defrost. It takes a few minutes but eventually clears the foggy insides.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-20-2016, 09:06 AM

Rain X also used t make an anti fog. I never used it in a vehicle but it worked well on the bathroom mirror.

I just googled it, I guess Rain X still makes it.
https://www.rainx.com/product/glass-.../#.WAjBCk86jSg

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD

post #4 of 6 Old 10-20-2016, 11:47 AM

I never had any luck with those products, the easiest way to keep the fogging down is to open a rear window just an inch or so .

Cars with small cabins have this problem, you can make sure you are heating or cooling fresh air, not recirculating air that is already in the car.

Check your owners manual, it will show you how to use your cars HAVAC to reduce fogging
post #5 of 6 Old 10-20-2016, 04:45 PM

Like beeguz I always looked into controlling the interior temperature and through that there was never a need for using a certain product. You have front and rear windshield vents, use them, or just open an window and wait.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-21-2016, 11:16 AM

When you use anti-fog products on your inside glass they can be **** to get off the glass, should it not work out for you.

I was with a friend on a trip, we were in Colorado going to ascend Pikes Peak, it was a miserable day, he used some sort of anti-fog on the windshield.

First thing was it didn't do anything to help reduce fogging, it made a mess out of the glass that didn't want to come off, when you tried to clean the glass the stuff just smeared.

At night when oncoming cars approached the windshield looked like it was never cleaned.

Learn to work your HVAC, then as soon as you start to see fogging you will know exactly how to stop it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page