Greetings from Costa Rica - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 10-29-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Greetings from Costa Rica

Hello,

Looking forward to contribute and learn, my name is Daniel from Costa Rica, this is my 2nd Trax LTZ 1.4 Turbo, first one I had it for 1.5 years but was a defective unit so the dealership gave us a new one last week since they were never able to fix a problem with the brakes and another problem with the a/c and a bearing.

I hope this new Trax has no problems.
post #2 of 6 Old 10-30-2016, 02:33 PM

What problem did you have with the brakes? I've driven and worked on many different vehicles, and find the Trax brakes way too sensitive.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-31-2016, 11:40 AM

You want to see really really sensitive brakes, try any 2010 up Corvette Grand Sport or Zo6 with 20 brake pads stopping the car they are ultra sensitive.

My Trax wasn't that sensitive nor is my Encore, stops nice but I wouldn't call them sensitive.

I'm so used to driving so many different cars, I adapt to the brakes and steering easily, its just how it is when you work on and drive so many cars.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-13-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaRicaTrax View Post
Hello,

Looking forward to contribute and learn, my name is Daniel from Costa Rica, this is my 2nd Trax LTZ 1.4 Turbo, first one I had it for 1.5 years but was a defective unit so the dealership gave us a new one last week since they were never able to fix a problem with the brakes and another problem with the a/c and a bearing.

I hope this new Trax has no problems.
Hello Daniel ... please let me know ... Your defective old Trax Unit in CR was a white one ??? Thanks.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-14-2017, 03:37 PM

Welcome to the forums Daniel.

They tried to fix the same issue for over a year and a half and THEN deemed it defective ?! They should have done that quite a long time ago. I wouldn't be able to live with something brand new and defective for that long, it would drive me nuts.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-15-2017, 03:09 PM

Welcome Daniel,

Congratulations on your second, new purchase. Hopefully your second Trax will be a wonderful expereance, as when it comes to lemon-vehicles I have to admit I'm not a happy camper myself if my expectations are not met! Unfortunately my very first true, and real vehicle purchase ended up being a complete lemon...so I may know what you went through. Unfortunately for me, I was inexperienced, I was told I could do nothing...if we processed a "buy-back", the would company would only pay 'depreciation value'. I was told many things and I was made to feel like I had made the WORST decision in my life. My first "car-purchase" experience was a pure nightmare, it sort-of made me a tad bitter about the process as a whole. Now whenever I walk into dealerships again I test-drive endlessly for about a year, and walk out many times and check reliability statistics online and try to corner the Sale's manager before we even get to anything on paper.

Now I make sure one of the first-few questions I have for a salesman is "what happens if I'm unhappy with my purchase...is there a procedure available to put me in another unit, and how much is that going to cost?"

Either, I'm glad you've joined the forum! =)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page