Hi, New 2016Trax LT AWD owner from Ohio - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 12-25-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Tornado_735
(Thread Starter)
Hi, New 2016Trax LT AWD owner from Ohio

Hey everyone,

My girlfriend and I are the proud new owners of a 2016 LT AWD in silver (can't remember the name).

Our interior is black on black cloth.

My only real complaints are the horrible blind spots that idiots like to hide in, and the arm rest has developed a grinding feeling when putting it up and down, but other than those two minor annoyances, we are both quite happy with it.

The AWD is very nice, I got to hoon around in the snow with it a little bit.

I really would have liked to have had leather, but having the manual seats are better because I'm 6'3" and my girlfriend is 5'0". It's just easier to adjust the seat when we switch cars.

I'd like to get ahold of some Euro/Russian spec tail lights as a cosmetic mod. I've also wondered about getting a hold of some factory fog lamps, and have them installed.

Also, another thing I've wondered is if you can modify the Daytime Running Lights in the lighting control module or BCM. I noticed that the European/Russian models use the high beams as the DRLs as opposed to the low beams here in the US.

Either way, I'm glad we have our Trax.
post #2 of 8 Old 12-26-2016, 10:16 AM

The fog light units can be had at ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-Ch...xYWIb7&vxp=mtr

While these kits look plug and play it was found out early that the computer needed to be reflashed in order for them to work with the factory switch.(then they found out there was no reflash available so the lights didn't work after all that trouble of making it look factory.
The kit is cheap enough to use what you need, then wire it so you can power it up from another power source, I tapped into an existing power on accessory wire to get my power, I mounted a power switch near the steering column I was done in an hour or so.

There are Holden tail lights but they are rather pricey compared to the fog's. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Trunk-N...pWe6Ey&vxp=mtr

I can't see any reason to put a power seat in a car, a manual seat adjusts to where you need it in seconds, I look for cars without power seats.

Last edited by beeguz; 12-26-2016 at 10:18 AM.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-26-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeguz View Post
The fog light units can be had at ebay

While these kits look plug and play it was found out early that the computer needed to be reflashed in order for them to work with the factory switch.(then they found out there was no reflash available so the lights didn't work after all that trouble of making it look factory.
The kit is cheap enough to use what you need, then wire it so you can power it up from another power source, I tapped into an existing power on accessory wire to get my power, I mounted a power switch near the steering column I was done in an hour or so.

There are Holden tail lights but they are rather pricey compared to the fog's.

I can't see any reason to put a power seat in a car, a manual seat adjusts to where you need it in seconds, I look for cars without power seats.
Hey, thanks for the information.

That's weird that there's no way to enable the fog lights in the BCM. But either way, I'm sure it won't be hard to make the fog lamps work.

Those Holden tail lamps look pretty slick. I was thinking about these lights myself. The only difference I can see is that maybe the red in the lenses might be a little deeper red, and the turn/back up lamp lenses are dark as opposed to being clear. Oh, and it turns out this style isn't limited to Europe, it's also in South America and apparently Oz as well.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9d/2013_Holden_Trax_%28TJ_MY14%29_LTZ_wagon_%282015-07-03%29_02.jpg/800px-2013_Holden_Trax_%28TJ_MY14%29_LTZ_wagon_%282015-07-03%29_02.jpg

post #4 of 8 Old 12-27-2016, 10:52 AM

I like the Holden tails but the price is a bit much for me.

The fog light kit is cheap for what you get, I had to make my own harness, and supply my own switch and fog light sockets.

I got the lights, and the bezels that was it, for around the same amount of money.

All you have to do with that kit is substitute your own power source point, just find your own key on power source, everything else is just plug and play.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-09-2017, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeguz View Post
I like the Holden tails but the price is a bit much for me.

The fog light kit is cheap for what you get, I had to make my own harness, and supply my own switch and fog light sockets.

I got the lights, and the bezels that was it, for around the same amount of money.

All you have to do with that kit is substitute your own power source point, just find your own key on power source, everything else is just plug and play.
I've gone that route before, it just sucks there's no way to enable the option in the BCM.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-09-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado_735 View Post
I've gone that route before, it just sucks there's no way to enable the option in the BCM.
I was thinking about that, why couldn't you just put power to the post needed, from another source?

Find a ignition on hot source, apply it to the correct post, then you should have fogs from your stock switch.

I never went the factory switch route with my Trax, I added my own switch, so I never tried this solution.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-14-2017, 03:46 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the Trax. Those tail lights look freaking amazing, but the price is pretty freaking hefty as well... Any aftermarket solution that's similar to it ?
post #8 of 8 Old 01-15-2017, 03:31 PM

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new Trax Tornado_735! =D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page