Hi just Joined. - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jobu

post #1 of 7 Old 03-14-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Red face Hi just Joined.

Hi I'm from Nottingham in the UK. i have owned my Trax for over two years now its an LT 1.4 AWD Petrol(gas). Are there any other UK Trax owners on here as since owning it I haven't seen another Trax anywhere. There are however plenty of the GM sister companies Vauxhall/Opel Mokka about.
I love driving my Trax I invested in a set of winter wheels but we have had very little snow this year to try them out. The stock wheels last winter were ok but didn't grip very well in the corners. The 1.4 is surprisingly powerful.
It's great to find a Forum for this great little car.
post #2 of 7 Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p458nvt View Post
Hi I'm from Nottingham in the UK. i have owned my Trax for over two years now its an LT 1.4 AWD Petrol(gas). Are there any other UK Trax owners on here as since owning it I haven't seen another Trax anywhere. There are however plenty of the GM sister companies Vauxhall/Opel Mokka about.
I love driving my Trax I invested in a set of winter wheels but we have had very little snow this year to try them out. The stock wheels last winter were ok but didn't grip very well in the corners. The 1.4 is surprisingly powerful.
It's great to find a Forum for this great little car.

Welcome. Lots of Canadians and more and more Americans.

I went out in the middle of the night on fresh icy snowy roads (20cm) last week specifically to test its limits as my wife drives it back and forth to her practice (cleated scandinavian tires winter tires)

Chose narrow hilly roads with speed limits of 70km which I exceed slightly 80km peaks.
Grip is amazing but there is no feedback from the wheels at all making it very unwise to search for the limits as the normal understeer is amplified. I pushed it hard enough to engage the Stabilitrack at speeds of 20 t0 40km/h.

Breaking was fantastic to the point where I was not able to get the ABS system to engage.

Traction a+
Braking a+
Turning c- CAUTION
post #3 of 7 Old 03-14-2017, 06:22 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Have you any complaints after owning your Trax for so long?

post #4 of 7 Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 AM

Welcome. As are you, I'm really enjoying my Trax LT AWD (2015). I'm not from the UK, but I do own and regularly drive a 1975 Triumph Spitfire. That must count for something.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-15-2017, 05:53 PM

Welcome to the forums, I'm glad you're enjoying your Trax. When I purchased my Trax back in January of 2015, I have to admit there were no other Trax's on the road either. I was the only one for some time, and now every second or third car I pass on the road is a Trax, it has really taken off over here! Not just the Trax, but the CUV has really gone up in popularity where I live, every other car is either a Jeep Renegade, mitsubishi outlander sport, nissan juke, chevy Trax, kia soul, or a volkswagen tiguan...this is awesome!!!!!
post #6 of 7 Old 03-17-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Unfortunately Chevrolet Have stopped selling cars on the Uk market so since 2015 no new Chevrolet's here. The "Mylink" infotainment center is a bit Clunky to use it could do with some better apps Google maps would be fantastic on this screen. But we are stuck with Bringo which is ok but for the premium price of the app its a bit lacking. it also keeps crashing in the middle of Navigation. That is really my only issue with the car.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-17-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p458nvt View Post
Unfortunately Chevrolet Have stopped selling cars on the Uk market so since 2015 no new Chevrolet's here. The "Mylink" infotainment center is a bit Clunky to use it could do with some better apps Google maps would be fantastic on this screen. But we are stuck with Bringo which is ok but for the premium price of the app its a bit lacking. it also keeps crashing in the middle of Navigation. That is really my only issue with the car.
Just get an 8 inch lenovo tablet for 50 pounds and order a housing bezel and bluetooth the tablet to your audio system or to the aux input if you don't want to compress your audio files (flac), you can use Sygic, Tomtom or other software.

It'll actually look very similar to the Mokka's earlier setup but with full android capabilities.
p458nvt likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page