New 2017 Trax LT Owner - Chevy Trax Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By calash
  • 1 Post By James

post #1 of 5 Old 04-12-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
New 2017 Trax LT Owner

Just purchased my new car 2 days ago. It is replacing a 2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover, from the same dealership no less. That was a great car in the snow, a few issues but nothing too bad that was not my fault (bad oil change at a local place blew the engine, hit a root in the road, kid hit a fence with it while learning to drive).

I am very surprised how much bigger the Trax feels. I was expecting something similar to the SX4 but this feel larger, definitely safer. Still getting all the tech toys working, I am in love with Android Auto.

Thank's to the admins for creating this forum.
James likes this.
post #2 of 5 Old 04-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Welcome to the forum.

With how crowed and competitive the market is, what other models were you looking at before deciding on the Trax?
post #3 of 5 Old 04-14-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The only other serious contender was the Nissan Juke. It was the primary vehicle I was looking at for a while. I ended up looking at the Trax due to the good experience I had with the Chevy dealer getting my Suzuki. After pricing them out a bit I realized I could get more of the tech I waned on the Trax and went in that direction.

Very happy so far with the purchase. It took a good day for the OnStar demo to activate, and I do not yet have the 3 gig of Data the adviser said I would get but none of that is a reflection of the actual car. It is fun to drive, a bit bulkier than the Sx4 bit it ends up feeling safer.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-16-2017, 11:03 PM

Good choice. Now that we have the CH-R from Toyota, i'm really starting to consider it. Just waiting to test drive one first then pulling the trigger. Mazda CX-3 seems to be another great one. From a design perspective, its about the best IMO.
calash likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-17-2017, 07:40 AM

Depends what you are looking for. The CX-3 has a tiny trunk and a back bench and rear door openings that will only be acceptable for toddlers.

CH-R, took one out for a test drive on Saturday. It certainly a unique and strange design. The George Jetson/Space Pacer of the mini SUV world.
The Interior is in a class by itself compared to the competition, seats are a copy of my old 91 Celica GTS, Cargo is about average, driving position is very much car like and rear visibility non existent.
What killed this car for me is the CVT transmission and old lazy engine. This thing looks like Tarzan drives like Jane. At least the Juke has the brawn to go with the looks. This does not. Drivetrain only comes in FWD option as well. Its really too bad, had this been given another 50 HP and a proper transmission, it would be a standout.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page