You'll Eventually Hit 60mph - Chevy Trax Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 12-24-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
You'll Eventually Hit 60mph

Here's a review from CarBuzz on the Chevy Trax.
Quote:
In case you haven’t taken the hint based on the title above, the Chevrolet Trax is slow. Like 9.4 seconds to 60 mph slow. That’s kind of a bummer because the Trax has the potential to be – dare it be said – more fun to drive and, of course, faster. An extra 40-50 horsepower would do the trick.
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/12/...-Trax-7736900/
post #2 of 19 Old 12-27-2016, 10:55 AM

I don't need to make record 0-60 speeds, if I wanted stellar 0-60 speeds I would buy a Tesla and get to 60 in a little over 2.2 seconds.
post #3 of 19 Old 12-27-2016, 10:59 AM

The vehicle with enough power has never yet been built.

If the Trax had another 40 - 50 HP, they would say it needed another 20 -30 HP. and this thinking would continue until it could smoke a Vette or Wildcat, and some (like me) would still want more.

Besides, the first time the wife drove the Trax she was VERY impressed with the acceleration, so I just never mentioned to her that it is actually pretty slow. It is her car and she thinks it has great power and SHE is happy.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD

post #4 of 19 Old 12-29-2016, 11:04 AM

I love power myself, believe me I have been driving fast cars since the 60's.

I just can't see it with the Trax or my Buick, it go's good for what it is, my point A to B in the snow and rain car.

I would tune it tomorrow because I still have my Diablo tuner from my Corvette.

I'm not taking the chance the dealer will want to step away from the car if something go's wrong with the engine or trans.(you know they will screw you if they can)

When the warranty is off, OK, now its time to tune
post #5 of 19 Old 12-29-2016, 03:42 PM

The Chevrolet Trax was designed to be a subcompact crossover SUV. This is a vehicle with a starting price of $21,000.00 for its base-model, has an MPG rating of (25 city/ 33 highway), with some cargo space, and an optional "all-wheel-drive" trim. You're basically looking at a sedan, with less cargo-space, a bit more ground-clearance, and slippery-weather capable.

I've never seen an ad comparing the Chevrolet Trax to a Corvette, or anything of the like, therefore the purpose of the Trax must be that of a compact utility vehicle...groceries, trip to the city, work...etc. I'm a "sedan" kind of person, but ever since the compact suv's rode into the picture I switched over...I LOVE COMPACT SUV'S!!!!! A regular crossover feels like a larger, higher-up station wagon, and a sports-car just isn't my thing.

I guess I'm driving a slow car...oh well! =)
post #6 of 19 Old 12-29-2016, 03:46 PM

Yes Beeguz, as soon as the warranty is done my Diablo will get more use also. They do have tunes available for the Trax.

Because the vehicle with enough power has never yet been built.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #7 of 19 Old 02-10-2017, 07:03 AM

Trax is a lively drive. It reminds me of the light Asian imports of the 80's and 90's. I drive a Charger Hellcat and I got the Trax for my wife who fell in love with the little thing. And we got it exactly for the reasons you mention its a commuter car, IMO probably the best commuter car out there right now and I paid 14 489.00 Canadian dollars freight in... Its the absolute best value of any car on the market right now and we tried a bunch. Juke, Renegade, Soul, CX-3. HR-V. I told her to pick the one she wanted and she picked the Trax. She liked the look, the ride and how open the cabin is compared to the others.
Ysandro Villalba and Karmike2 like this.

Last edited by Jobu; 02-10-2017 at 07:07 AM.
post #8 of 19 Old 02-14-2017, 06:28 PM

Hi Jobu, you mentioned you and your wife test-drove a few other options along with the Trax. How does the Renegade feel, I hope you can understand my question. How does it feel next to the Trax? Did you or you wife like the Renegade, and for what specific reasons? I apologize if it sounds like an interrogation, I just really think that vehicle is awesome, but many have been having issues with it and have been venting all over Jeep-Renegade forums. I'm just dying to know how you liked (if you did), or how your wife felt about it.
post #9 of 19 Old 02-15-2017, 12:29 AM

Drove two Renegades. A sport FWD Turbo six speed and a 2.4 Autobox 75th. anniversary AWD. and these were one day test drive from my Chrysler dealer (when you get a Hellcat from them they treat you pretty **** good).

The Renegade has a lot of nice things going for it. First its a more powerful vehicle (with either engine), Its a much nicer designed interior... Italian couture is Italian couture... The AWD system in the Jeep (75th and Trailhawk) makes it a REAL off road machine. Sounds great with the Turbo. Resale value is very high if equipped right.

The negatives: Ride is much harsher, harder on gas in every day driving, Back seat is uncomfortable because of the almost 90 degree angle of the back rest, its ok for half hour but I would not want to be stuck back there for a road trip. But the two major obstacles to us choosing it was 1) the higher price. The same exactly Equipped vehicle as our Trax with end of year rebates was 2500 more and the interest rate was double (4.99 vs 2.49) and the absolutely brutal reliability record of the vehicle which coupled with about the worst warranty in the business was a deal breaker for us. We wanted a worry free experience and the Jeep is about the furthest thing from that, so a 3000 Dollars Platinum plan is a must and that still won't alleviate the many dealer visits we would make a Jeep owners. Now if someone is looking for a Mini CUV with real off road capability the Jeep is the best and only option out there but that's a Trailhawk. its 41k Canadian dollars (I can get 2.5 Trax LS for that money).

Truthfully when I sat down at the desk, there was a JD Powers satisfaction index chart on the desk, I grabbed it and looked at it. Chevrolet was in the top five and Chrysler was dead last. Common sense took over and we went with the Trax.

Last edited by Jobu; 02-15-2017 at 12:33 AM.
post #10 of 19 Old 02-15-2017, 02:55 AM

Thank you for the reply Jobu, sounds like you guys picked the vehicle that best fit your wishlist. I'm curious though, was price one of the factors involved in eliminating both the CX-3 and HR-V from your list? I hear those two in particular are incredible choices as well, how did you like the HR-V, I'm specifically interested in input on that model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page