Chevy Trax Forum banner

Armrest

40K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  Country Girl 
#1 ·
I find the armrest in the Trax uncomfortable. Is there a larger aftermarket replacement?

Thanks
Dave

#4 · (Edited)
We just talked about a armrest from AliExpress here in another post. ( Do you think I can find it now, no) Anyway, the above picture from the encore seems a little low as a arm rest, to me anyway. The post I speak of has a link and the member already purchased and installed the armrest. Cost is about $47 - $56 US plus some shipping should you choose a tracking option. I just have not puled the trigger in it yet. Concerned about surprise brokerage fees into Canada from UPS ? Found it, look in the Do you regret buying Chevy Trax thread, last pages.

#6 ·
FYI,

I ordered a different armrest than the one posted here and another in a different topic. This one was cheaper (on-sale) prior to this post $40 US for everything. I did not need the extra usb connections etc... but this one has a black thread option. I will post when the snail mail delivery option gets to Canada, could not chance added cost of brockerage, duties and taxes using ( faster) delivery options. Here is the address to the armrest.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upd...s-interior-Armrest-Storage-Center/32743941804.

#33 ·
FYI,

I ordered a different armrest than the one posted here and another in a different topic. This one was cheaper (on-sale) prior to this post $40 US for everything. I did not need the extra usb connections etc... but this one has a black thread option. I will post when the snail mail delivery option gets to Canada, could not chance added cost of brockerage, duties and taxes using ( faster) delivery options. Here is the address to the armrest.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upd...s-interior-Armrest-Storage-Center/32743941804.
Do you know how to remove the original armrest ?

#8 ·
There is something like 3 million of these things on the road. Lots of stuff out of Korea and China.

Chevrolet Trax
Chevrolet Tracker
Buick Encore
Holden Trax
Opel Mokka
Vauxhall Mokka

And Peugeot has been promised some out of their purchase with General Motors.

#13 ·
Armrest / console arrived today

Update to previous post, armrest ordered March 5 and arrived April 5 from China to Canada. Cost was $40 USD total to my door. I did not see the need for the higher priced model having usb and lights in the back. This model had an option of black stitching rather than the red most others offer. Attached are some pictures of it in the wife's 2014 LT2, it actually looks factory. Why the Trax does not come with this I do not understand ?

Attachments

#14 ·
Update to previous post, armrest ordered March 5 and arrived April 5 from China to Canada. Cost was $40 USD total to my door. I did not see the need for the higher priced model having usb and lights in the back. This model had an option of black stitching rather than the red most others offer. Attached are some pictures of it in the wife's 2014 LT2, it actually looks factory. Why the Trax does not come with this I do not understand ?
Wow that looks great. What site did you buy yours from ?? how does it sit. (does it have pieces that go over the cup holders, and is it secure ?? Id rather ask a bunch of questions before i buy it. and it turns out to be garbage.

#23 ·
I have to agree with the chincy center arm rest...but I knew this going in the door... I had no expectations other than what it is, an entry level crossover & in my case an AWD.....Considering the rebates and the LS model with no options, I felt it was the best bang for the buck... Its not a Honda or Toyota where it will retain its value, or desirability in the used car market.... The value with the Trax is hopefully good reliability at the most inexpensive cost of purchase.... I am fussy with my vehicles and very maintenance conscience I will run the wheels off it back & forth to my other residence which is about 275 miles away.... I am very surprised the Encore has the same chincy armrest.....

#24 · (Edited)
To be honest, I have a Trax and an Encore and the arm rest is fine for the driver. The reason I thought buying this was a good idea is because the only one time my wife rode in the Trax (She has her own car (G6)) she commented that there was no armrest on the left side of the passenger seat. Well I should have let it go at that because the rest of that long trip we found ourselves sharing that little lean space me at the front of it and her further back. Probably the closest we've ever been in 25 years. She slept most of the way after a late shift and she had her elbow on that armrest 90% of the time and never once interfered with my resting spot. I'm sure GM had real life trials and came to the same conclusions.

#26 ·
Too bad it did not meed your expectations, but it is an add on, not an OEM part, correct. To me, if it functions, looks good and is secure, it was worth the $40. I did drill pilot holes first and use different screws (wood) and not those drywall screws you mentioned, it was secured in place. I also was careful not to over tighten the screws since it is only plastic when I assembled mine to avoid those stress cracks. I used some glue and only snugged the assembly screws. Those pictures were taken prior to the final install, unit later secured in place (a little lower in the cup holder) after testing different adjustments. You should have taken a picture of your install to compare. I parted it out and new owner loves having a passenger armrest option now too. Should have tried to sell or, offered it to others here before throwing it in the trash if still usable ?

#27 ·
Too bad it did not meet your expectations, but it is an add on, not an OEM part, correct? Should have tried to sell or, offered it to others here before throwing it in the trash if still usable ?
Frankly, if this was garbage to me, why would I pass it on to someone else. It's garbage.

How did you manage to pull the emergency brake with that installed? I use my parking brake daily and this was obstructing the pull action even when the armrest was pushed all the way back.

#28 · (Edited)
#35 ·
I ordered this alternate type of armrest that also has storage. This one also does wireless charging inside and seems to just barely fit my iPhone XR with a Tech21 case on it. The Tech21 case is pretty thick on the sides, but once you get it in it does wirelessly charge the phone. I am posting up pictures in case anyone was wondering what this type of armrest looks like inside the Trax. One thing I don’t like about it is it sits slanted towards the center due to the way the side of the seat meets the side of the center console. The height is adjustable and the higher you extend it the more slanted it looks. It also seems to partially block the cupholders which it why I never ordered the other type of armrest that others have posted pictures of. I actually like the built in armrest on the Trax. However, my wife will use it from the passenger side because there is no armrest on her side. This way she has her own armrest and I get a little extra storage.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Armrest
Vehicle Car Auto part Center console Subcompact car
Vehicle Car Auto part
Vehicle Car Auto part Car seat cover Armrest
Vehicle Car Auto part Family car Armrest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.