Chevy Trax Forum banner

Increase Ground Clearance

43K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  SsMcgillicutty 
#1 ·
Are there any lift kits available for the trax? I've searched a little on the internet for lift kits for the Mokka, which is the international version of the car that's been on sale around the world for a few years, but didn't find anything. I'm coming from a jeep, so I really just wanted an extra half inch or 1 inch for winter snow.

#2 ·
The fastest and cheapest way to lift it would be going to Buick Encore 18" wheels then using a taller tire.

My new Buick Encore came with 215/55/18's, when I changed the oil for the first time, I was surprised that I didn't have to use my floor jack like I used to on my Trax.

I'm very pleased that the Buick is higher, but now I have to get rid of my 16" snows they would look like doughnut tires on the Buick.

If anyone is near Pa, and is interested in a bolt on set of snow tires, Sonic wheels, Cooper snow tires, stock GM sensors, get in touch.

I had the tires on for 2 days less than 50 miles my Trax felt very capable in 6 inches of snow it went up my steep driveway without slipping.

#4 ·
I worked on plenty of cars in my life, I know the difference when one car is higher than another, this Buick is higher.

The official height of the both cars are different by 1", the 18" wheels add more to the height down low where I was

By just changing your wheels, to 18" and going narrower on your tires you could pick up at least 3". in appearance.

That throws off the speedometer, but there are ways to deal with that, electronically you can buy a tool, or just go on line to see the calculator.

With the calculator you can see how much your off at say 35, then 55, or your favorite speed then you can keep that in the back of your mind when your speeding down the interstate.

#6 ·
I think the aftermarket has to catch up to the Trax, until then your stuck with fabricating it yourself with borrowed parts from other GM vehicles.

Something will come along because the Trax is at the right price point for younger drivers to play with.

Problem is, if you don't make it yourself, you are going to have to wait until the aftermarket catches up.

#8 · (Edited)
Sadly you can't get the lift kit, they also widened the track of the vehicle by 80mm so that you can turn the front wheels.

You can however get the accessories.

Lift 30mm (1.5 inch )

80 mm wider track (40 mm per side)

Aggressive suspension lifted for increased ground clearance (over 40 mm)

BF Goodrich KO2 ·LT255/55R18 off-road tires1

Chevrolet Bloc Parts Numbers

Thule Roof Basket - 19331872 - $309
18-inch Painted Wheels - 19302645 - $1,500
Center Cap w/ Chevy logo - 19300043 - $80
Front Floor Liners - 42533130 - $70
Rear Floor Liners - 42533134 - $60

#17 ·
The easiest way to lift your car is with wheels and tires.
There is a big difference in the height of my Trax and the Buick I now have.

I have snow tires left over from my Trax that I use on the Buick with my stock Buick wheels on I have to lift up to sit on my driver seat.

When put on the snow tires, that I bought for the Trax, when I go to sit its like sitting down into a hole.

I am a short guy its very noticeable to me when I have to stretch or sit in a hole when I get into the car.

#22 · (Edited)