TPMS Sensor Relearn/Programming tool - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
TPMS Sensor Relearn/Programming tool

Just wondered if any of you have ever looked into these tools. I have ordered a set of Sonic wheels and snow tires for my new Trax and plan on buying the GM Sensors (13598772) if the wheels, (Take-offs), don't come with sensors. Dealer says new sensors will have to be programmed to car. There are many tools available to relearn/program, (separate functions), the sensors. Prices run from under $100 to over $1000. Is anyone familiar with these tools and their function? I would rather not have to go to the dealer twice a year to reprogram my car.
Howard
post #2 of 5 Old 06-17-2016, 09:29 PM

All you need to buy is the sensors that are for your car, the numbers work on many cars not just Trax, the tools can be found all over the net they sell for as little as $50

GM TPMS learn procedure: http://www.diagnosticnews.com/gm-tpm...rn-procedures/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13598772-Tir...FWhEEu&vxp=mtr

A set of GM Sensors for the TRAX, note how many cars they interchange with. the GM part number for your car is: 13598772

When you buy sensors its always good to check them, I have bought dead ones that were promptly returned for full credit.

The tool I have is called the TIPS tool it works on just about everything.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-17-2016, 09:32 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13598772-Tir...FWhEEu&vxp=mtr

Here is a set of sensors that are priced about right don't pay more for them, make sure you take them to where your going to have tires mounted have them checked to see if they are alive when they come.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-18-2016, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks beeguz, I had the sensors from ebay in my save file. I'm just waiting to see if the wheels come with sensors. Can the TIPS tool check to see if the sensors are any good? I have my own tire changer and balancer but have no way to check the sensor function.
TIPS seems to be a generic term. Have you found a brand that you're happy with?
Howard
post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2016, 08:43 PM

The tool name I have is TIPS # TIPS003B, but there are a whole lot of makers. its a foot long and bright green.
http://www.usatoolwarehouse.com/usat...-TIPS003B.html

I remember tire rack had a tool after I bought mine for around 50 dollars, the one I bought was 100 bucks when I got it, I didn't realize they went up that much.

This tool works on all sensors all frequencies, I use it to check the sensors when I get them in the mail.

I suppose by now there are other models and new sensors, but I never had a car yet that this one didn't work on, I have it a very long time.

On the older cars you could put the car in the lean mode, then get the computer to see the sensors using a big magnet, one end of the my TIPS is a magnet.
or you could let air out of the tire then the computer in the car would recognize the sensor.

On the older chevy's between 2008-12 you could use the air method but I'm not sure you can on the newer cars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page