Lowering Kit - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 10-03-2016, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Lowering Kit

Considering the purchase of a Buick Encore and Encore forums are dead. Assuming that whatever works for the Trax would work for the Encore, are there any lowering kits available either springs or coil-overs?

Thank you in advance
post #2 of 8 Old 10-04-2016, 10:59 AM

The Trax is already to low, but then I am in the north where deep snow is a consideration.

Lowering springs.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #3 of 8 Old 10-04-2016, 03:28 PM

It doesn't mention how much lower it will drop it ? Or am I just completely missing it ?

post #4 of 8 Old 10-05-2016, 10:31 AM

Lowering springs only drop the car about an inch or so, but they do have stiffer spring rates making the vehicle handle way better.

I don't think the aftermarket has caught up to the Trax or Encore other than some accessories.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-05-2016, 03:32 PM

Yea.. the most I typically see them drop it is maybe 1.4inches, but I've also seen ones that only drop the car 0.8inches which makes a fair difference lol.

But I'm sure it'll cut down some body roll a good bit
post #6 of 8 Old 10-05-2016, 04:27 PM

I think when you install new springs, once you drive around for a while, maybe a few weeks of regular mileage then its completely broken in and gets the height it was claimed to get. But the difference isn't much, still something to know and factor in.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-02-2016, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
just trying to get rid of some of that wheel gap
post #8 of 8 Old 11-02-2016, 10:58 AM

I'm sure if you found the original spring part numbers you could do a cross match and find a GM car that is using the same springs.

Then you use those cars for the search for lowering springs, if the same springs were on a Cruze and they make lowering springs for a Cruze there is a very good chance they would work.

Then I would look on ebay and buy a cheap set before committing big money before big brand name springs at crazy prices.
(I bought a set of no name lowering springs for one of my Miata's they cost me 50 bucks and they worked great they dropped the car about an inch but the car handled like it was on rails.)

When GM builds a new model they always take parts from cars in house, instead of going through the trouble of having to build new.

I would bet that almost everything in a Trax, except the obvious body and interior parts and maybe the AWD system, are from other GM cars.

Last edited by beeguz; 11-02-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page