No CD Player? - Chevy Trax Forum
 9Likes

post #1 of 56 Old 01-02-2015, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No CD Player?

It seems that the Trax does not offer a CD player at any trim level. Strange, because the Encore does...
post #2 of 56 Old 01-02-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
It seems that the Trax does not offer a CD player at any trim level. Strange, because the Encore does...
That is an interesting observation.

Who needs CDs any more anyway?
post #3 of 56 Old 01-03-2015, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidetraxed View Post
That is an interesting observation.

Who needs CDs any more anyway?
51.2 year old white males who drive all purchases in the auto industry. IF CD players are as superfluous as you say, why does Encore get one? Who needs CD's right

post #4 of 56 Old 01-06-2015, 02:37 PM

Perhaps the next redesign or facelift will see something similar happening to the Encore. It is pretty true that CDs are kinda defunct now though. Many computers don't even have a CD drive now. You just download or use a USB key for everything.
post #5 of 56 Old 01-06-2015, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
Perhaps the next redesign or facelift will see something similar happening to the Encore. It is pretty true that CDs are kinda defunct now though. Many computers don't even have a CD drive now. You just download or use a USB key for everything.
but 51.2 year old white males still make use of CD's...

CD's are being kept around because they know the 51.2 year old male has a good chunk of cash invested in their CD collections after a nearly 20 year run on the market...
post #6 of 56 Old 01-06-2015, 05:45 PM

I guess they figured there would be a younger crowd involved with the trax and so getting rid of CD players their would be the better move rather than in the Encore, which more than likely attracts an older crowd.
post #7 of 56 Old 01-07-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan View Post
I guess they figured there would be a younger crowd involved with the trax and so getting rid of CD players their would be the better move rather than in the Encore, which more than likely attracts an older crowd.
Yea that is probably it. The higher price point of the Encore is thought to attract older folks while the Trax is aimed at younger people. Chevy has made no secret of aiming the Trax at a younger generation. They have been trying to emphasize the technology of the vehicle, for example.
post #8 of 56 Old 01-08-2015, 03:57 PM

Over all Buick has been known as a brand to attract an older demographic, although it's changing slowly with products that attract a younger demographic... there's no escaping their history any time soon.

I could be wrong, but it's one of the things I think could be the reason.
post #9 of 56 Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM
J.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
Yea that is probably it. The higher price point of the Encore is thought to attract older folks while the Trax is aimed at younger people. Chevy has made no secret of aiming the Trax at a younger generation. They have been trying to emphasize the technology of the vehicle, for example.
Yes but I have the cash to purchase NOW and I WANT A CD PLAYER... I'm 65 and have no care for fiddling with gizmos, I want simple to use, simple to drive. Gas goes where?
post #10 of 56 Old 01-09-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.G View Post
Yes but I have the cash to purchase NOW and I WANT A CD PLAYER... I'm 65 and have no care for fiddling with gizmos, I want simple to use, simple to drive. Gas goes where?
While I do understand where you are coming from, I think that taking a very short amount of time to learn how to hook up a phone or iPod to your car isn't that hard. You literally attach it with a cord and that is it. You can have access to far more music and you never have to switch CDs. Don't be afraid of learning something new.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page