Chevy Trax Forum banner

No CD Player?

58K views 82 replies 43 participants last post by  jamzpond 
#1 ·
It seems that the Trax does not offer a CD player at any trim level. Strange, because the Encore does...

#7 ·
Yea that is probably it. The higher price point of the Encore is thought to attract older folks while the Trax is aimed at younger people. Chevy has made no secret of aiming the Trax at a younger generation. They have been trying to emphasize the technology of the vehicle, for example.

#17 ·
This was very disappointing to learn. The size and interior fit of the Trax is perfect for my needs BUT with NO CD player it's thumbs down for purchase. With a large personal CD collection and a public library that gets all the latest music on CD's I have to move on until GM fixes this issue. Will wait to see the Honda HR-V and Jeep Renegade. Subaru Crostek is also an excellent choice as we have one in the family and yes the Subaru has a CD Player.
Paying more $'s for an Encore is also not acceptable.

#18 ·
My feelings exactly! We're not talking about substantial cost either, CD units are WELL amortised within GM's architecture, double disappointing considering the Opel/Vauxhall Mokka received a CD player in Europe.

Not including one is sheer arrogance IMO, GM is has demostrated throughout the process that they are not interested in the older mans money. From no advertising outside of millennial focused channels to no CD player... In all honesty I believe GM will lose more sales because of NOT having a CD player then they will gain because it doesn't have one, tech focused, whatever the rhetoric is...

#23 ·
Fortunately this is one of those good things that come with changing times.
Even better that as time goes on storage devices are growing in how much they can hold, it's crazy, almost like their purposely capping the capacity from year to year to keep us buying.

#32 ·
Chevy seems to have done this to their crossover/SUV entertainment line. I read a quote by Betsy Flegg, Senior Advertising and Marketing Manager - Crossovers saying what a great idea this was getting rid of CD players and replacing them with a shelf to set my smart phone on. Its not that I'm NOT able to convert to the new lower quality MP3 format. Its the convenience. I listen to library books on CD while I drive. I own a lot of music on CD and I don't want to spend a lot of time converting to someone else's choice of format for me. I already purchased a lot of music and I really don't want to pay for the additional monthly charges for streaming, satellite, & extra data plans. Its expensive enough just purchasing a new vehicle. I Agree that eventually there will be new formats and things change. At least make it an option we, the customer can choose. I investigated and found it was not even offered as an option for ANY price on SUVs. I am glad we found out before we purchased a 2016 model. I would have been upset driving home and looking for the CD option. As it was, we purchased a 2015 model rather than a 2016 model without CD specifically for this reason.

#33 · (Edited)
As a 31 year old girl who is somewhat "techy" I still prefer my CD collection.
I was quite upset on the day of pickup when I realized it does not come equipped with a CD player.
I understand times are changing, and constantly evolving especially when it comes to technology.
I also believe as a single woman, age 31, college educated, employed professionally (the reason I mention this is because of this article I read after purchase
http://www.examiner.com/article/2015-chevy-trax-small-suv-arrives-ready-to-pounce
that this was an oversight on the part of GM
I have always owned and been interested in "foreign" cars, typically Honda.
As I live in an automotive industry city (Windsor ON) and commute to work in the auto capital (Detroit MI), I thought purchasing something that honours the economy I live in (minus the made in mexico part) was a smart choice.

SO I am sad my first north American car purchase does include the best of both worlds (tech (mp3) and old school (C)
Truly disappointing.

#34 ·
I am in the process of looking to purchase a new vehicle. I'm sure all the new technology is just fine if you have an iPhone, I do not. I am not a radio person, I do not want to pay a monthly fee to listen to radio. I LIKE listening to my CDS, I LIKE my catalog and I don't mind it sitting in the backseat of my car. Right now I am compiling a list of vehicles 2016 or newer that still offer cd players. I will be purchasing from that list. Does anyone know which brands still offer a cd player as standard or an option? I know Nissan, Ford and Mitsubishi do. Are there others? For me it definitely is a deal breaker. My money, my choice.

#36 ·
No CD, but it has a USB port which works with USB flashdrives. It plays mp3 files up to 320 kbps, up to 2,500 music files in folders no more than 10 stages deep. It sounds better than the FM reception, and even shows the cover art if it's embedded in the mp3. A 16gb flashdrive is pretty cheap and holds a lot of music, plus it has a lot smaller footprint than 200 CDs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.