Chevy Trax Forum banner

LS Cruise Control install with factory Control switch

57K views 95 replies 43 participants last post by  dhudson 
#1 · (Edited)
YES, you can use the Factory Cruise Control switch.
I have installed four cruise controls on the 2015 Chevy Tax using the factory cruise control switch.
I use the Smartline AP900c cruise control, with SWITCH - 2015 CHEVROLET TRAX (94780526) or SWITCH - 12-15 CHEVROLET Sonic (95135255).
You do need a special adapter cable that I make and you do have to modify the factory harness in the Steering wheel witch will be included in the kit. I am going to sale the cruise control kit for around $340.00.
There will be one wiretap; the rest is plug and play, the install will take 45 minutes to an hour.
The kits are about 2 to weeks out I just ordered the Wiring, switches, OBD2 Snap in connectors and the terminal pins to make 10 kits.
I am in the process of finishing up the install Guide and install Video.

I will start working on the Fog light kits next.

#30 ·
Just bought my mother a Trax and thought it had cruise cause it had every thing else. I was stupidly wrong. Never again. But wanted to purchase flyboys cruise kit to put in an 2016 Trax LS. Can someone please help? Maybe PM Me. I signed up using Facebook.

Bought this car for my mom who is going through chemo and radiation. Her old car is a 2003 Olds Alero and has turned into a real beater. I bought her the car to cheer her up and so maybe on good days she could get away and go visit where before she was too worried about going too far in the old car. I know it sounds kinda of dumb, but the car is to help cheer her up and give her some fight to get through the cancer. She's showing it off and bragging about it to her friends. So it has seemed to lift her spirits. Cancer isn't the only thing on her mind anymore.

#33 ·
Thanks guys. Cancer stinks. It's taken a toll on many of my family members as well as good friends just as I am sure it has your too. Just trying to think out of the box to get her to wanna enjoy life. Material things don't really matter, but when you can provide dependable transportation to get from point A to point B then that serves a purpose. Makes you wanna get up and go visit friends, do some grocery shopping, or get your hair and nails done. It is all about look good and feel good. That's my thinking behind it anyway. I got a new grand baby and mom is now a great grandmother. So that is something to look forward to along with a car. Just trying to give her a few reminders to show her life is good. Don't give up.

Really could use flyboys kit, but if not has anybody else tried anything out as far as a steering wheel cruise and got it to work?

#34 ·
Some of the guys here have the parts list and the instructions to do the installation. Since the gentlemen no longer seems to be available there is no business lost by sharing that info with you and then you could take the info to a local shop and see if someone would like to do the installation for you.

Alternatively there are good aftermarket kits out there.

Also absolutely nothing wrong with installing the Rostra aftermarket unit.
http://www.rostra.com/2013-2014-chevrolet-trax-cruise-control-by-rostra.php

Just make sure you get the right part number.

#35 ·
Hi...i am a new user here. I am looking for someone with a 2013 - 2016 Sonic LS in the Little Rock Arkansas, North Little Rock Arkansas, Conway Arkansas areas that is looking to add a Cruise Control
This is a aftermarket Cruise Control that I have modified to use the factory OEM Cruise Control switch.
I have done this for the Chevy Trax as well and received a outstanding responce to the kit.

#40 ·
Hello everyone... I did the same a few others here and bought my trax before realizing it didn't come with a cruise. I saw the Rostra ones, but I have items on that stick and I'd really like to have it look as original as possible. Anyone know of a kit for a 2017 that isn't Rostra? Is Flyboy still around?

#42 ·
You might want to check around in your area of the country for electronic specialty shops or ask the dealer you bought your Trax from, most dealers have one they use for adding on aftermarket accessories that people request.

A while back I bought a Silverado without cruise, I wanted it, the dealer had it installed at a local radio specialty shop in the area before I took delivery
On that truck they added a stalk just under the turn signal arm it wasn't factory looking but it did work well.

Later I wanted to add cruise to a Toyota Tacoma, I bought the kit at Amazon, then I bought the stock Toyota cruise handle, then the kit for the install, although low optioned Tacoma's like mine never had cruise it looked stock like the higher Toyota units.

#44 ·
No the dealer can not flash your car to turn on the cruise. The wires to the cruise switch are not even in the wire harness.
Three is an aftermarket cruse that will work with the factory cruise switch so that it will look OEM. The OEM switch is a 2 wire switch, It switches in various resistors to give different voltages that controller can use to determine which switch you have pressed. It is not the cheapest option out there but it will look like OEM and require no drilling or cutting of anything.

#48 ·
Yes, they are $380.00 out the door, I can build you up one and have it ready by the 14th.
I will need to know the following.

is it FWD or AWD
is it a automatic trans
does your vin start with a K or 3,

For some reason this site will not let me PM people anymore.

Thanks,
Flyboy

#50 ·
I PM the admin on 12-29-2017 and this is what they sent me.
"To be able to send PMs your post count must be 15 or greater."
"You currently have 12 posts and you can send PMs to following users only:"

This must be some kind of new restriction, I have not been able to PM anyone since 10-13-2016

#54 ·
I guess what a lot of people don't know is this was a personal thing, not a business, I bought 3 of these cars. I picked out the blue one for me, as the salesman was going over every thing in the car, I asked about the cruise control.. he said ooh this model doesn’t come with one and by the way you can’t add anything to this car. My reply was ooh really, you hide and watch! So that’s haw it all started for me.. I put cruise control, remote Start and fog lights on mine.

#57 ·
See post 08-01-2016, 11:18 PM

This information is provided as-is with no representations or warranties, either express or implied and You assume complete responsibility and risk for use of this information.

K9 Body Control Module X5
13- Fog Lamp Relay Control
13- Circuit 1317,Pin - 13- 0.35 - BN/WH

X5 harness connector at the K9 Body Control Module
Ignition OFF, connect a 3 A fused jumper between the control circuit terminal 13 and ground.

OEM Fog lamp wiring Harness 95490808 plugs into X50A Fuse Block, connector X1, Pin B2

You can test the Relay and fog lamps at X5 harness connector at the K9 Body Control Module
Ignition OFF, connect a 3 A fused jumper between the control circuit terminal 13 and ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.