LS Cruise Control install with factory Control switch - Chevy Trax Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 35 Old 06-07-2016, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
LS Cruise Control install with factory Control switch

YES, you can use the Factory Cruise Control switch.
I have installed four cruise controls on the 2015 Chevy Tax using the factory cruise control switch.
I use the Smartline AP900c cruise control, with SWITCH - 2015 CHEVROLET TRAX (94780526) or SWITCH - 12-15 CHEVROLET Sonic (95135255).
You do need a special adapter cable that I make and you do have to modify the factory harness in the Steering wheel witch will be included in the kit. I am going to sale the cruise control kit for around $340.00.
There will be one wiretap; the rest is plug and play, the install will take 45 minutes to an hour.
The kits are about 2 to weeks out I just ordered the Wiring, switches, OBD2 Snap in connectors and the terminal pins to make 10 kits.
I am in the process of finishing up the install Guide and install Video.

I will start working on the Fog light kits next.

Last edited by flyboy; 06-07-2016 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #2 of 35 Old 07-07-2016, 01:34 PM

How does one purchase one of these kits?

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #3 of 35 Old 07-10-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hello Flyinfool: Members can use > User Control Panel > Private Messages:
to send me a Private Message, this way my contact info will not be exposed on the web.

Thanks

post #4 of 35 Old 08-01-2016, 10:42 AM

Does the kit work for the 2016 Trax? Also, how often do you come back to check your private messages? Message sent 3 weeks ago.
post #5 of 35 Old 08-01-2016, 02:55 PM

It was about 3 weeks ago that I was in contact with Flyboy about getting a setup for my 2015. at the time he said he was a couple weeks out from getting the first kits done. I told him to take his time that I was not in a big hurry and I was willing to wait until he was sure he had it all correct.

If he gets it to me by the end of this month so that I can use it for a 700 mile trip Labor Day weekend, I will be very happy. Being an engineer I understand how deadlines get pushed back.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #6 of 35 Old 08-01-2016, 05:29 PM

That is understandable. I'm not in a big hurry to get the kit. I just had a question about whether or not the kit will also work with the 2016.
post #7 of 35 Old 08-12-2016, 12:56 PM

So I guess I am the guinea pig on this one. I just ordered the Trax Cruise control kit from Flyboy.
We will find out soon how well this looks and installs and works.

This kit is supposed to be all plug in connections and have the factory Cruise buttons on the steering wheel even though it is an aftermarket cruise module. The install sounds like it should be pretty simple.

Now IF I can just remember to use my camera while I do this........................

I will try to start a new how to thread for this install.
Caeser99 likes this.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #8 of 35 Old 08-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Overall things like this are easy to install and straight forward since cars are often made with this and other things in mind, even if they don't come with it and instead have delete and cut off areas where that feature or other features would go.
post #9 of 35 Old 08-13-2016, 04:16 PM

I did one on a toyota tacoma I had the cheap truck I bought some toyota parts and a few after market parts.

The hardest part for me was finding wire ends that would work on the computer pins.

the wire ends that came with the kit were junk and fell apart when I tried to push them on the pins of the computer.

Everything else went in just fine, I added a Toyota cruise switch on the steering wheel and the kick off switch above the brake and clutch pedal, ran the wires needed and that was it.

I also added delay wipers, the base tacoma didn't come with either option but it made it much nicer truck to drive with delay and cruise.
post #10 of 35 Old 08-16-2016, 10:23 AM

It is here, Its here!!!!

The nice woman in the red white and blue truck dropped it off.
I have not opened the box yet because I know that once I do I will want to start on it right away. The plan is to install it this week end, and then make a how to thread.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page