Auto locking - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 3962

post #1 of 10 Old 06-13-2016, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Auto locking

Just picked up a 2016 LT AWD. This is the first car I've owned with the auto/lock, unlock system, where the doors lock when putting car into drive and unlock when put into park. Is there a way to bypass this system with-out disabling the remote keyless entry. My guess is there's a switch activated by the linkage in the console. HELP.
Howard
post #2 of 10 Old 06-14-2016, 06:28 AM

Can't say I have heard of anyone trying to disable ? Why would you want to do this ? It seems a nice safety feature, only pain is stopping to let someone in without putting in park.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 12:50 PM

It's really not that inconvenient... Cant you still just push the unlock button while the car is in drive ?

post #4 of 10 Old 06-22-2016, 09:55 PM

Check the settings, on the infotainment screen but I think there isn't much of a choice.

I don't like that setup myself, on the last few GM cars I bought you couldn't shut it off.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-23-2016, 09:52 AM
sdi

*** unlock when put into park ***
That is a Huge hazard if you ever stop in a bad situation.

the settings don't change the UnLock "feature"
----
Automatic locking is good.

Peter
post #6 of 10 Old 06-23-2016, 02:23 PM

At one time you could shut the auto locking feature off, I noticed that on a Silverado ended around 2011, but now it just gives you the option 2 different locking options.

In park on start up, or when you put it in gear.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-23-2016, 08:42 PM

You just need to navigate through the infotainment system to "vehicle settings" and somewhere in there you can change how the doors auto lock/unlock. I shut all that auto unlocking off. I liked my last honda I owned. Even if you forgot to lock the doors with the key remote after leaving the vehicle, the doors would all auto lock after about 5 seconds. Very nice feature. Now if only Chevy had that...
Betties likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-07-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Auto Lock

Don't want to ruffle any feathers here but my reasons for wanting to eliminate this PITA feature are my own. I've heard all the reasons, others think, it's a good feature and respect their opinion. I did try to find an option in the DIC and there was nothing. I think it's going to take someone that is familiar with the wiring and can determine if disarming this feature will effect others. The problem today is that most of the manuals are on CDs instead of hardcopy and us "shade tree" guys have trouble gaining access to this info. Any GM Techs out there??
Thanks,
Howard
post #9 of 10 Old 07-07-2016, 08:56 PM

Usually features like auto locking are tied into things that you need or want.

I hated the electric parking brake on my corvette, but unless you used it the easy exit/entry wouldn't work.

It would have avoided using the emergency brake, they have a habit of sticking and burning up brakes, these new ones adjust themselves if it malfunctions you have to take the rear fender liner out to release it.

The insurance companies are the ones driving this in the name of safety.

If someone wants your car, while you are driving it they are going to get it anyway the can, the only thing this feature would do is slow them down by a few seconds until they break the window.

I would bet this thing is tied into the computer, like most things today, if you disabled it the car would throw codes.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-08-2016, 09:24 AM

I never found a way to disable the auto lock.
At least I can turn off the auto lock after exit. That is how keys get locked in the car.
AS for unlocking the doors to pick up or drop off a passenger, if the car is in gear and you push the unlock button your passenger has just a couple of seconds to get in or out before the doors relock again. I hate it when it does that.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page