Bluetooth/Mic Issue = HELP! - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 06-30-2016, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Bluetooth/Mic Issue = HELP!

Hello! New to the Trax community - just got a 2016 LT AWD on 6/17. Loving pretty much everything about my Trax, except the Bluetooth phone stuff. I cannot make a call using the Bluetooth in the Trax, because the person on the other end of the call hears so much noise that the call is futile. I know it's not my phone, because I've used the Bluetooth feature in other vehicles with the same phone and had no issues. What do I need to have to dealer take care of? Is it the microphone? Is it a software issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because driving with earbuds is not the solution... Thanks in advance!
post #2 of 5 Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Ranieri View Post
Hello! New to the Trax community - just got a 2016 LT AWD on 6/17. Loving pretty much everything about my Trax, except the Bluetooth phone stuff. I cannot make a call using the Bluetooth in the Trax, because the person on the other end of the call hears so much noise that the call is futile. I know it's not my phone, because I've used the Bluetooth feature in other vehicles with the same phone and had no issues. What do I need to have to dealer take care of? Is it the microphone? Is it a software issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because driving with earbuds is not the solution... Thanks in advance!
Hi Joe!

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Trax! We're thrilled to have you as a member of our GM family. We're so sorry to hear about this Bluetooth concern you're experiencing with your vehicle. Have you had a chance to contact our Infotainment Customer Support team about this? They are in the best position to assist with Infotainment inquiries. Their number is 855-478-7767 and they are available Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST. If they are unable to address this for you, please let me know and I'd be happy to assist you in exploring other options.

Sincerely,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
post #3 of 5 Old 02-02-2017, 08:41 AM

I was curious having the same problem with my bluetooth and the onstar system sounds like i have my windows open and or heater fan turned way up. Did you finally get it figured out mine is going back to the dealership for this issue unless there is an easy fix. thanks

post #4 of 5 Old 04-13-2017, 12:35 PM

I just removed the trim and covered the speaker with some cloth material and taped it down and now works great with no noise.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-13-2017, 12:40 PM

Sorry guys i meant the microphone which is just above the driver's right ear where the map lights are the first small grill on the left side of trim. Be careful and remove gently the wiring of the microphone is not very strong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page