Foglights for 2016 Trax - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 08-15-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Foglights for 2016 Trax

I want to add Fog lights to my new 2016 Chevy trax LT. Called the Chevy dealer to see if this cane be done, answered yes but he doesn't know the part # for this to order. Sounds strange that the dealer doesn't know the OEM part #and wants me to look it up. So my question is would anyone happen to know this part # or where I might find this. I have found something but I would like to be sure before I forward any info. Thank you
post #2 of 10 Old 08-15-2016, 09:19 PM

Buy one of the kits off ebay, you get the fog lights and the bezels that surround them, you get 2 lights and 2 bezels the screws and wire is on you.

There are instructions on how to go about installing them here on the forum.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-15-2016, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dealer will not put them on if I buy them. And my husband won't do it himself cause it might void the warranty.
Thanks for answering.

Last edited by Kelly C; 08-15-2016 at 09:58 PM.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-16-2016, 10:55 AM

You won't void the warranty with lighting, if you modify the engine yes it will, but not for making your vehicle safer to drive and look better.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly C View Post
I want to add Fog lights to my new 2016 Chevy trax LT. Called the Chevy dealer to see if this cane be done, answered yes but he doesn't know the part # for this to order. Sounds strange that the dealer doesn't know the OEM part #and wants me to look it up. So my question is would anyone happen to know this part # or where I might find this. I have found something but I would like to be sure before I forward any info. Thank you
Can be found on internet I got the switch, harness and light assemblies in one kit gm numbers on them dealer still could not find them in their listing. Car audio or body shop dealer will install at cheaper rate than Chevy dealer
post #6 of 10 Old 08-17-2016, 06:57 PM

I also called the dealer about installing fog lights in our 2016 LS. Service tech. said he'd check and get back to me. Never happened, so I ordered kit on Ebay for $58, free shipping. The kit includes lights, bezels, harness (not GM), relay, fuse and switch. I'm interested to see if the instructions allow having the relay energized by the low beams since the DRL use the same filament.
We'll see. Here's the Link to kit I ordered:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361647126187...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Howard

Last edited by HCO41; 08-17-2016 at 07:01 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-18-2016, 10:00 AM

I have always hooked up my fog lights with the coil of the relay powered from the parking lights, and the power for the lights direct from the battery.
This configuration allows me to have the headlights off but the fog lights on, helpful in really thick fog.

Disclaimer part;
The only catch is that it is NOT legal in many states to have more than 4 lights on at a time, some cars leave the low beams on when you put the high beams on so legally the fogs have to turn off. My theory that has worked for the last 25 years is that if I have the hi beams on then I am wanting all the light I can get, so I like the fogs on also. If there is oncoming traffic I dim my lights so it is likely that no LEO has or will ever notice that I have to many lights on. Those that I have talked to said they really do not care how much light you have as long as it is aimed correctly and used appropriately so as not to blind other drivers.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #8 of 10 Old 08-19-2016, 02:36 PM

That's the main thing, once you're courteous to other drivers, all is well. I personally like the look of parking lights and fogs strictly just because I feel it looks different and where I'm located, everywhere is really well lit
post #9 of 10 Old 08-22-2016, 10:59 AM

If you are worried that you will blind other drivers and you just like the look of the added fog lights.

You can adjust them down or to the right, then you wouldn't be blinding on coming cars.

My driving is all day time I hated the look of those blank black spots where the fog lights belonged, they were just for appearance.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-24-2016, 03:25 PM

I definitely see where your coming from. That would bother the heck out of me too. I can't stand plastic filler parts when they're should be something in there

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page