Chevy Trax Forum banner

Mylink navigation

30K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ChevyTraxLS+ 
#1 ·
Hi, I have Chevy Trax 2015 LTZ with Mylink
It allows me to use Bringo, but I found that it's really rubbish (out of date maps and so on). Exactly I'd like to use Google Map or Yandex or something like that. There is Mirrorlink which provides possibility to connect it to your phone by cable and mirrors everything on the car screen,
for a long time I'm trying to connect it, but without success...
Could any body help me, any information?

#4 ·
MyLink navigation is a joke on the 2013-2016 models. Worst thing they could ever do was link up with BrinGo and have it through an App. I dont want my data wasted on using navigation from my car, I don't know what they were thinking, They should of just stuck to the **** navigation that comes with the cars and done. It's such a sin to spend so much on the upgrade and not know that they screwed you royally. GM needs to fix this problem. If you notice the 2017 has been nicely redone with android and apple car play.

#5 ·
Yes it certainly does blow big chunks i had a conversation with GM corporate and they have no updates hardware or software for any current owners or buyers for the 2016 Trax. So that does suck to bad the infotainment system from the sonic/spark cruze would not work for ours hmmmm.

#7 ·
Found an interesting tidbit. Check out this site: nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2016/CHEVROLET/TRAX/SUV/FWD#manufacturerCommunications

On page 6

Manufacturer Communication Number: SB-16-NA-042

Dealers are able to upgrade the 2016 Trax Mylink unit to Android auto. The frustrating part is that the bulletin explicitly states that current owners will not be informed of the upgrade. I intend to contact my dealer about this and push for an upgrade. If the unit has the capability, it's a little shady that they would refuse to upgrade previous buyers, forcing them into Bringo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.