Mylink Voice Recognition Not Doing Anything - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mitoni

post #1 of 6 Old 09-29-2016, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question Mylink Voice Recognition Not Doing Anything

So i just bought my 2016 Trax LT last night, and I'm familiar with the controls from my Cruze and my Sonic both before it. I paired my phone, but the steering wheel control pickup/voice prompt button does nothing.

I read through the manual and followed the instructions, and even the initial pairing instruction don't work since i get no response when pressing the voice recognition button. I paired it through the touchscreen instead, and I'm able to use the features on the touchscreen, but i have no push to talk. There is no beep, no response when pressing the button, except the screen switching to the phone dialpad. If I press it twice, it redials the last call.

Anyone experienced this, or know what i'm doing wrong?
post #2 of 6 Old 09-29-2016, 06:34 PM

Same with my paired android phone. The voice prompt only worked when using the OnStar phone calls, but not with a paired cellphone.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-29-2016, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok, seems to work if I ling press after it is paired, but it's iffy. Sometimes it opened Google voice commands loaded, but i can't use all the commands I could in my Cruze, such as changing inputs, or opening the Pandora in-car app.
bswarm likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-30-2016, 10:26 AM

So if you long press the call button on the steering wheel you get voice prompt instead of the dialpad?

Edit:
I just tried it. Long pressing the call button brought up the voice prompt, but at first all the normal commands I tried said "command not found, try again". Unlike my Plantronics headset, apparently you have to say "John call" instead of "Call John" or it tries to call the last number you used.
Good to know, Thanks for finding this.

Last edited by bswarm; 09-30-2016 at 10:49 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-04-2016, 03:27 PM

same issue

when i press the button, nothing. when i double press, dials last number dialed. if i long press, i get a message that says "voice recognition not available on this device." i called chevy, after two reps and 20 minutes later they came to the conclusion on chevy trax there is no voice recognition but they said there was a work around using voice thru on your phone but i havent had time to try it yet.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-07-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fslone View Post
when i press the button, nothing. when i double press, dials last number dialed. if i long press, i get a message that says "voice recognition not available on this device." i called chevy, after two reps and 20 minutes later they came to the conclusion on chevy trax there is no voice recognition but they said there was a work around using voice thru on your phone but i havent had time to try it yet.

That would be correct! You would have to have your Siri, Google or Cortana assistant enabled and perform a long (2sec) press!
I use Cortana and it works flawlessly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page