Time is continualy incorrect - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flyinfool

post #1 of 8 Old 12-16-2016, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Time is continualy incorrect

Many times when I turn on the vehicle the time is incorrect... I have it set to manual and set the time but when I leave and come back it will be random... when I set the time to automatic it will still be random then sometimes change to the correct time... Is there any way to make sure the time is correct at all times? I use the clock in the car all the time. time...
post #2 of 8 Old 12-17-2016, 08:20 PM

That's odd. It sounds like your clock keeps resetting by itself randomly. You'll probably have to bring it to your dealership and have them take a look.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 AM

Is there an OK button or save on the page where you set the clock?

It could be the time is correcting itself with internet time, or your not saving your choice, like you do in a windows program on your computer.

I'm just guessing on these answers, I have no Trax to try them myself on since I got the Buick.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-23-2016, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you DustTrax ... that is what I am figuring...Luckily I just purchased the vehicle so.... Warranty Baby !
post #5 of 8 Old 12-23-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Beguz,

Thank you for the Reply... Yes there is an Ok button... I can manually set the time and it then shows correctly..... When we turn off the car and come back later you would think that it would have kept the setting but the time will be random... since It is on manual I can reset the time again to the correct time but it then resets again when I power down the vehicle.... If i set it to automatic... It wont set the time but when we are driving it could be 10 minutes or 30 minutes the time will autocorrect to the correct time.... But then again when we turn off the vehicle and come back it is not correct..
post #6 of 8 Old 12-23-2016, 07:17 PM

Check all of your fuses with a test light or meter. Not just by looking at them. I wonder if you have a bad fuse on the circuit that holds power to the radio when the key is off.
Tracking likes this.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #7 of 8 Old 12-24-2016, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Excellent Idea Flyinfool !!!!. Never thought about it on that side.... Ill check the fuses and let you know. I hope everyone has a Wonderful Christmas !!!
post #8 of 8 Old 12-24-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinfool View Post
Check all of your fuses with a test light or meter. Not just by looking at them. I wonder if you have a bad fuse on the circuit that holds power to the radio when the key is off.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading through this. It reminds me of the old problem when we used to install head units into cars and you'd have the situation where everytime you took off the vehicle, all the audio settings would reset. The constant power to supply the memory function just wasn't there and you'd check all the fuses and the power wires again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page