Chevy Trax Forum banner

2016 Chevy Trax firmware version?

11K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  mjbjr25 
#1 ·
How can I find out what firmware version is set up in a 2016 Chevy Trax?

#4 ·
Hello suprgrnt,

Have you had the opportunity to bring this inquiry to the attention to our Infotainment team? They will be in the best position to answer your question. Our general support can be contacted at: 855-478-7767, and their hours of operation are the following: 8:00am to 10:00pm EST Monday through Saturday. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

#7 ·
I am not too familiar with all of the different versions but I have a 2016 Chevy Malibu with the 8" MyLink and it does not show anything like a 24.x version. It has a version of 84089006. From what I understand it should have MirrorLink already in it but when I activate it on my phone it always loads the Android Auto where the MirrorLink icon should be. I am not sure if it is my phone or the actual Mylink version. The opensource software I have points me to oss.bosch-cm.com/gm.html and I am confused at this point. It has many files. I will try to figure it all out but it is rather confusing. I will be calling Bosch in the morning to see if I can get a better answer. Not too much info is available online to explain.

#8 ·
Does anyone know if there is an update for the 2016 Trax. I would like to know before I go to my dealer for nothing. I called and they just told me to make an appointment and then they will see if there is an upgrade. Does not make sense. Why should I take a day off to find out that maybe there is no update. I just would like to get the new Google app and the new update should have it.

#11 ·
Does the Trax have the same infotainment as the Encore. I know the last version of my Buick because I installed it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.