Factory Cruise Control - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 03-17-2017, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Factory Cruise Control

First can't believe they sell a version without cruise control. GM sells a kit for the sonic. It looks the same as our steering wheel. Anyone try this kit ?

95142787 - Cruise Control, with Steering Wheel Radio Controls Add a Cruise Control Kit to your Sonic to maintain your desired speed on those long road trips without having to manually press your foot to the accelerator. Your Chevrolet Sonic must already have steering wheel radio controls for this to work. This is a whole new steering wheel that a GM dealer must install and program because the air bags are swapped over.
post #2 of 7 Old 03-17-2017, 11:43 AM

There are a few threads here about cruise control maybe you can find the information you need.

LS Cruise Control install with factory Control switch
post #3 of 7 Old 03-18-2017, 09:24 PM

How often would you use cruise control though??

post #4 of 7 Old 03-20-2017, 10:54 AM

Its one of those options you miss if you don't have it, but its something I rarely use.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-20-2017, 01:06 PM

I use the cruise all the time. If I think I will go more than a mile at a steady speed I have the cruise on. My right ankle had to be surgically rebuilt and it is not comfortable to hold a gas peddle down for long. Even though the Trax is the wife's car and I only get to drive it when it needs gas, It still needed to have the cruise added.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2017, 02:27 PM

Ah man I'm sorry to hear that, okay I can definitely see why it's worth the work to get the cruise control put in. I'll try to do some more research to see if I can help you out!
post #7 of 7 Old 03-24-2017, 12:38 PM

At least the next time around we'll be seeing a self driving trax rather than what we currently have, which for someone like yourself will go a long way in easing your commutes. But before that we should hopefully see some advanced versions of cruise control make its way here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page