phone contacts not downloading correctly - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 04-11-2017, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to wmh9680
(Thread Starter)
phone contacts not downloading correctly

Good evening, I am the proud owner of a 2017 Chevy Trax. We love it but I am having problems with using my Samsung V3 Galaxy smartphone. First about 30 of the contacts appear at the beginning of the contact list before the aphabet even starts and they are in no particular order.

Second how do I search for a contact by alphabet. When I click on a letter box (abc etc.) it just shows the messed up 30 numbers. I've chk'd the numbers in the phone and they are correct. I've deleted the phone reinstalled it after changing/deleting numbers and reinstalling them and the problem is still there. I've been working with Verizon and Chevy with no success. Any ideas? Is there any whay to upadate the list in the car? Thanks, Mike
post #2 of 5 Old 04-21-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well the tech guy at Phillips Chevy in Frankfort, Il. figured out why some of my contacts were wrong. In my smart phone there was a 0 (zero) in front of them so they all came up in the beginning on the mylink screen. It was very hard to tell on the phone but I corrected them all and they are all now fine.

The car is in the shop today because it drops the Bluetooth signal sometimes and when you bring up the screen to find a contact alphabetically and you hit any of the 12 keys to search it always brings up the abc's instead of what you selected.

Thanks, Mike
post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2017, 01:28 AM

I'm just amazed that MyLink supports a seven year old Galaxy S3. A lot of owners are getting 'Device not supported" with that phone. You must have upgraded the OS to Marshmellow 6.0.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-22-2017, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It is a SM-J320V. I don't know if that matters or not. I've only had it a month or so. Thanks, Mike
post #5 of 5 Old 04-22-2017, 09:46 PM

Sometimes the infotainment systems in cars just aren't updated enough to keep up with android and apple system updates, then you see older phones working better with the car than newer ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page