Android Auto - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 13 Old 05-09-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Android Auto

Hello Everyone

Hopefully someone Can solve a problem I have using my LG3 and trying to get Mylink Radio to recognize and run Android auto on my Chevi Trex 2016 , Every time I plug into the USB all the Mylink radio does is play the music I have on my phone does not bring up the Android Auto app on the screen .
Should the App not Transfer to the Touch screen on my Trex ? It seems as only medi files are being read from my phone .

Craig
post #2 of 13 Old 05-09-2017, 04:08 PM

On the 2017 Trax Android Auto can not be on at the same time as Apple Car Play and the default setting was Apple. You may want to check the settings on the radio and make sure Android Auto is toggled on.

Also make sure your Android Auto app is updated on you phone.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-09-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Hogan View Post
Hello Everyone

Hopefully someone Can solve a problem I have using my LG3 and trying to get Mylink Radio to recognize and run Android auto on my Chevi Trex 2016 , Every time I plug into the USB all the Mylink radio does is play the music I have on my phone does not bring up the Android Auto app on the screen .
Should the App not Transfer to the Touch screen on my Trex ? It seems as only medi files are being read from my phone .

Craig
MyLink requires Android 5.0 lollipop some LG G3 are running Android 4.4. That's the first thing I'd check.

post #4 of 13 Old 05-09-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Hogan View Post
Hello Everyone

Craig
MyLink requires Android 5.0 lollipop some LG G3 are running Android 4.4. That's the first thing I'd check.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 06:57 AM

I don't know how you would get something to work unless it is installed, Android Auto was not installed on the 2016 Trax on the 2017 yes but unless you got the hack online to install the version 24 firmware and got the steering wheel controls to work then good luck GM as much as flatout told me no MYlink for you and well i am exploring other options for navigation and other stuff. Oh Apple (spit patoooie nasty) carplay lol.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 07:57 AM

I'm shocked that the dealer is unwilling to install a software revision for you if you are willing to pay for the bench time. Maybe it has to do with Apple licencing. GM might be paying seat licencing from that hellish company. I had no problem installing aftermarket unit on the wife's Trax but I know the local audio shop won't touch them.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-12-2017, 02:46 PM

With a phone being that old it might be best to upgrade just to avoid any issues going forward. You'd be amazed at how many problems can be solved by doing that. Just the cost of a new phone might be worth not having to deal with problems.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-12-2017, 11:31 PM

Absolutely.

Right now anyone using an android phone with less than a 5.xx operating system or an iPhone older than a 4s using IOS older than 7 really can't use most of the connected toys released in the last year almost two. Having said that, right now I'm dealing with a LOT of problems with Samsung Galaxy 7 and 8 users. Myself I'll be moving to Apple soon. Way too many problems with Android phones of late,
post #9 of 13 Old 06-01-2017, 07:05 AM

Despite all the problems with GM and Android Auto in the 2016 Trax imo there is no way i am going to Apple too over priced for me and people actually stand in line for the next greatest thing at the store. That being said android phones are not exactly cheap either but i think they are more functional. But to each their own....i can still hookup an external 8 inch android device to use google maps for navigation.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-01-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman View Post
Despite all the problems with GM and Android Auto in the 2016 Trax imo there is no way i am going to Apple too over priced for me and people actually stand in line for the next greatest thing at the store. That being said android phones are not exactly cheap either but i think they are more functional. But to each their own....i can still hookup an external 8 inch android device to use google maps for navigation.

I'm really curious how this infotainment will work for people who keep their cars seven years and sometimes longer. The things are hardwired into the car's OBD system and Car manufacturers have no experience updating firmware and software on these things. I anticipate a lot of problems. Especially Android based systems because Google could not give a shiat about backwards compatibility. In my Charger I had to buy an Audison processor to make the UConnect work with aftermarket components without disabling the car. The signal was being sent pre-equalize to nine different speakers over four channels. My wife's Trax was a little easier. it required a GM PAC 5 for a hundred bucks but I still had to run speaker cables all around so that I can return the car to factory sound when I sell it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page