Drive-in movie, help! - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 05-30-2017, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Drive-in movie, help!

Went to the drive-in last night with my husband in my Trax, and was unable to figure a few things out- please help if you can....

Though you can dim the appearance of the radio when the engine is on- it doesn't appear to keep the dim settings when the car is in auxiliary, is there something i'm missing? it kinda kills the drive in mood when the radio and the driverside dash with all the dials are screaming brightly and are no longer conforming to your requests for it to be dim.

Secondly, we tried to watch the movie with the hatch up but the interior trunk light turned on when the hatch was up, and of all the buttons and switches we could find we could not find anything to turn it off while the hatch was up- this seems silly because the interior lights can easily be turned off when the hatch is open.

Please help if you can, any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks
post #2 of 4 Old 05-30-2017, 07:05 PM

Turn headlight switch from Auto to off.

Remove the fuse for the vanity lights.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2017, 09:54 AM

I took the bulb out of my hatch light,

If you leave an interior light on the car will shut it off (battery run down protection) but the hatch light does not work the same way.

I was thinking of putting a switch on that light, but I really don't need light back there.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Easiest method would be just to take the bulb out and if you really do use it, put it back in after. Just to make life easier, when you know you're going to the drive-in, take the bulb out before you leave and put it back in when you get home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page