2016 Trax - Air Conditioner blows hot air - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 44 Old 06-05-2016, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question 2016 Trax - Air Conditioner blows hot air

Sporadically the air conditioner blows out hot air. Appears to be an issue in traffic/city driving. Had the car in and of course "could not recreate"... "Service manager also test drove it"... Anyone else experiencing this?
post #2 of 44 Old 06-05-2016, 06:53 PM

Low freon or high engine temp would give you that situation.
post #3 of 44 Old 06-05-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
They said they couldn't find a problem... But they Evacuated/Charged system. Problem still exists. Another appointment in the morning. Unfortunately; without a car for the 2nd day this vacation. Will update. Thanks for the reply beeguz

post #4 of 44 Old 06-05-2016, 11:58 PM

Is it hot or just not real cold? I had the same issue with my trax last summer as well. It was cool, not cold air and they showed me with a thermometer that it was in specs.
post #5 of 44 Old 06-06-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hey Rich... It's blowing hot air. In addition to a test drive, the Service Manager took some temperature reading. They were within their spec's. But; to me that just means they were unable to re-create the problem.

It's too bad... Overall; The Trax is a fun car. I like it. Too early to say I'd recommended it/Chevy. Also; Love the Manual Shift Mode!
post #6 of 44 Old 06-06-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not So American Chevy View Post
They said they couldn't find a problem... But they Evacuated/Charged system. Problem still exists. Another appointment in the morning. Unfortunately; without a car for the 2nd day this vacation. Will update. Thanks for the reply beeguz
Hi there Not So American Chevy,

I understand your frustration with this situation as I know how inconvenient it is to be without your vehicle. Please update us on how your appointment went this morning and let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Have a good day,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
post #7 of 44 Old 06-06-2016, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Chelsea! The dealer was kind enough to provide a loaner. This helps greatly... as I have family matters to tend to this afternoon. I will definitely update. Sorry about the "Not So American". Still can't get over the sticker... Assembled... % of American parts... Transmission origin... Motor origin... I know it's the way you're all going. But; I don't have to like it. Hope this trend changes
post #8 of 44 Old 06-06-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Chelsea... Latest; I'm holding onto the loaner. My Service Rep. said they were in touch with Tech. Asst., and had not resolved the issue yet.

Not sure if that means they were not able to recreate it, or they did, and have yet to determine cause. Guess I should have asked. Great that they've resolved to keep the car, and fix it.

Thanks for your interest. I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow
post #9 of 44 Old 06-06-2016, 08:43 PM

Unhappy ditto- hot air

I just got my 16 Trax LTZ back from the dealership this evening after they had the car Friday thru today. They reduced the freon in the system per tech bulletin #16-NA-034. The Phoenix valley is hard on a/c units but the rentals 16 Cruze and 16 Nox ( supplied by the dealership ) work perfect in 108-115 degrees -
had no problems blowing cold air. I know the greenhouse is greater in this product but that should not be causing this issue. I notice this in early May when the temps were rising into the lower 90's - took it in at that time / said it was to spec.
post #10 of 44 Old 06-07-2016, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nacra01... Hope you're squared away. Thanks for the share. I wouldn't be surprised if they try the same thing. Sounds like similar conditions. Good Luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page