Will the Trax be getting similar Chevrolet Performance upgrades as the Cruze/Sonic - Chevy Trax Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 31 Old 07-16-2016, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Will the Trax be getting similar Chevrolet Performance upgrades as the Cruze/Sonic

Just wondering if anyone knows. Would be nice to see some parts that are recommended by the manufacturer, like the similar cars with the same engine have available. I understand that wasnt the end goal in the design but it would be nice to add a little pep for enthusiasts. Maybe with the redline release lol
post #2 of 31 Old 07-16-2016, 07:10 AM

I did not see anything from Chevy for the Trax as far as performance.
I will be turning to Trifecta at some point as the Encore folks seem to enjoy the end results.
post #3 of 31 Old 07-16-2016, 02:45 PM

The Trifecta website does list the Trax, very interesting. Anyone use it yet? Will it still pass Calif smog tests with this mod? What about warranty issues? I'm old school as far as performance improvements and have never gone the software route before.

post #4 of 31 Old 07-17-2016, 09:40 AM

The Trax has pretty much the same engine as the Sonic which I own. My Sonic has the Trifecta tune. I am past warranty on the Sonic but is my understanding this goes in a transparent mode.
I can't say if the dealer sees it or not. I had my Sonic since 5500 miles and in for service on several occasions and they never said one word about a "tune".
I can tell you though that it adds a good bit of get up and go. SO I will be tuning the Trax at about 1500 miles.
I have tuned a good many cars using Trifecta software and IPF.
Either way is a good choice, at least has been for me.
I read over on the Encore forums of some that have put the tunes into their vehicles and enjoyed it.

Last edited by zippypcs; 07-17-2016 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added info to original posting
post #5 of 31 Old 07-17-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Good to know thanks for all the info guys. I was eyeing up the trifecta and it looked like under the hood it was almost the same setup as a sonic like you said. Any thoughts on trying to get a sonic cold air in there till we get some more options?
post #6 of 31 Old 07-18-2016, 05:19 AM

I may go to the parts store and buy a couple Spectre pieces just to replace the rubber tube between air box and turbo.
Those have been prone to fail on the Sonics and I am guessing there is no difference in them materials wise.
I used a DDM works intake on my Sonic but will not work on the Trax.
post #7 of 31 Old 07-18-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Any thoughts on the Diablosport? Or stick with trifecta tunes? http://www.diablosport.com/news/2015...let-trax-1-4l/
post #8 of 31 Old 07-18-2016, 02:03 PM

Never used Diablo. If you search around on the Sonic forums may give you a better Idea. Trifecta has worked well for me and is really easy to do. You can revert quite quickly if needed as well.
post #9 of 31 Old 07-18-2016, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I know it was for a sonic but what did you put in the form for trifecta? http://www.trifectaperformance.com/f...ker-14l-turbo/

Any tips? Ty again!
post #10 of 31 Old 07-19-2016, 07:01 AM

Trifecta told me the site for Trax was going under construction but the info for Sonic was pretty much the same.
I haven't ordered yet but they will calibrate for completely stock and then you can run 87-93 octane with 91 or higher giving you the best performance.
There are not many aftermarket performance parts for Trax on the web but you could easily make up a CAI for it.
I will leave the exhaust stock as I don't want it any louder as my wife drives it mostly.
So the way I read the power gains around 44WHP and 51 Ft lbs tq. Are gained
I think these are peak gains using premium fuel(93)
As far as filling out the form I would fill out each line with the required info and where it says intake I would put stock as well as exhaust stock.
No ethanol calibration needed as this would require larger injectors and running E85 which I am guessing you are not.
For select a tune choose cruise button.
For No lift shift select NO as this requires manual transmission.
The select a tune by turning on and off the cruise button is a great way to go from stock to tuned at a flip of the switch. Kinda cool.
You can submit an inquiry form and they should be able to answer most questions for you.
You will need a laptop with Windows 7 or newer to install your tune.
it will seem kinda scary the first time, but I have tuned many for family and friends and it is like brushing my teeth now.
Even my son after tuning his first time said this is way easy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page