performance upgrades - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 12 Old 02-25-2017, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cool performance upgrades

hey all i just bought a 2017 trax and was wondering if there are any upgrades i can do, not looking to go crazy just looking to add a little pep to its step, any help is welcomed. i put in a request with trifecta to see if they have anything for it and i am still waiting to hear back.
post #2 of 12 Old 02-25-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharacer515 View Post
hey all i just bought a 2017 trax and was wondering if there are any upgrades i can do, not looking to go crazy just looking to add a little pep to its step, any help is welcomed. i put in a request with trifecta to see if they have anything for it and i am still waiting to hear back.

If you mean mechanical or chip based performance upgrades. NO
post #3 of 12 Old 02-25-2017, 07:44 PM

Maybe take it straight to a tuner and see what they say?

post #4 of 12 Old 02-26-2017, 02:40 PM

Guess I was wrong. This looks like a quality product and even has gas miser tune that keeps boost off under 3000 rmp.

obviously blows up the warranty.

http://www.diablosport.com/shop/products/trinity.html

All applications supported under one part number. Never worry about getting the right one; If we support, it works
The Trinity comes preloaded with canned tunes. We spend hundreds of hours developing tunes for your vehicle for maximum safe power and torque for your application.
Full color touch-screen. Follow the instructions and use the color touch screen to easily program your vehicle.
Customizable gauge layouts. Save hundreds of dollars on aftermarket gauges.
Programmable LED lights. Turn the lights into a shift light or a warning light.
5 volt input. The input allows you to hook up several aftermarket accessories like wide band O2 sensors.
Holds up to 5 custom tunes. Use our worldwide network of CMR tuners to step above our canned tunes.
Touch Screen
Data Logging
Check Clear DTCs
5 Volt Data Logging Inputs
Accepts Custom Tunes from CMR
93 Octane Performance Tune: 35HP 46TQ
91 Octane Performance Tune: 29HP 42TQ
Calibrate Speedometer for Gear Ratio
Calibrate Speedo for Tire Size
Fuel Rich/Lean Adjustment
Spark Timing Advance/Retard
Idle RPM
Top Speed Limiter
Rev Limiter

Reviews are excellent : http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A4400A0A0.aspx

Last edited by Jobu; 02-26-2017 at 02:44 PM.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-26-2017, 10:52 PM

Now that would be of great help. Even just running the 91 octane too would be ideal. An extra 29hp and 42lb-ft may just look like numbers but at the end of the day, the powerband will be changing and you'll definitely feel it.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-27-2017, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
yeah i can find stuff all day for the 15 and 16 models but nothing for the 17, and as far as warranty goes they have to be able to prove that the chip its the number 1 cause of the failure, i used to work for a dealer ship and people would bring in brand new cars and trucks with chips in them all the time. ive been looking into the trifecta tune, i am waiting to hear back from them too see if they are coming out with a tune for the 17.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-27-2017, 07:12 AM

Hey guys i had a Cruze that i used the Trifecta tune on and it was a fun ride after the tune very nice i was thinking the Trax could use it too lol.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-27-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman View Post
Hey guys i had a Cruze that i used the Trifecta tune on and it was a fun ride after the tune very nice i was thinking the Trax could use it too lol.
Trifecta also changes the programming on the Automatic transmission, doesn't have a display however. less functionality but from what I've read. Everybody likes it and for those with the autobox you would see more of an improvement as the TRifecta probably holds shifts longer.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-01-2017, 10:23 AM

When I was younger I never owned new cars anything I wanted was already being made.

When you buy the latest model, not being able to buy aftermarket parts comes with it.

Sometimes you can adapt the older model parts to the new car, but most of the time its just experimenting.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-02-2017, 10:11 PM

I have the Diablo for my Silverado, It makes a big difference in everything. The trans shifts better, better gas mileage and noticeably more power. I have not yet bought the second license for the Trax.

Jeff
2015 Trax LS AWD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page