Engine light on. - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Engine light on.

Hi All,
Yesterday I had a major problem with my Trax. I drove it to work left my wife in the car while I ran in for about 15 mins she used the spare key and put in the ignition to wind down the windows, she turned the ignition off but left the key in. When I got about 20 mins later, I took the spare key out and put mine in and started like normal, the dash when blank then ALL the warning lights came on, and nothing worked as in AC did not work, Speedo was not showing speed, Tacho was not showing revs, Check engine light was on, TC was on, Airbags was on, Hill assist was on, Tire press was on, Brake light was on, All the warning light were on, I turned off the engine and waited 10 mins and turned back on, still the same I called my dealer and said to drive it to them, so I did Brakes were not 100% either had to drive slow. I forgot to mention indicators did not work. When I got to the dealer then put it on the Machine and said that my display was not talking to my key and they have not clue how to fix that. I was thinking to just disconnect the battery for and hour to reset the ECU or for them to install the software again. Has any one else had then problem before or have any ideas that might work.
post #2 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I got a call from my dealer just now saying that the radio in my 2016 Trax cause the problem and they rest the ECU and got it working.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I am wondering if I should change out the standard radio now to a Pioneer with the Navi in it, Any Suggestions ?

post #4 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico3795 View Post
I am wondering if I should change out the standard radio now to a Pioneer with the Navi in it, Any Suggestions ?

Hey Rico.

Considering the problems your having right now. My input to you would be to wait. Do not give the dealer any situation where they get off their troubleshooting tree.

Also the answer they gave you is completely inadequate in my opinion. Either that or I am not understanding what you wrote.

Ask for what part number they replaced. and ask for a copy of the shop order filled out by the technician. If they did not replace any component or did not make a software revision (get the number of the revision).

If they can't give you all of these things. I'd be concerned the malfunction your Trax experieced is going to re-appear...
post #5 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 11:17 AM

Also if you plan to install an aftermarket audio system its not just a drop in. You need a programmable PAC adapter for the canbus and modify the inner brackets to fit the depth of a double din. And run new speaker cables. (leaving the factory ones untouched ).
post #6 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
thanks Jobu I will take your advise and go in and ask on Monday.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 08:48 PM

No problem. Get this computer problem sorted before you do anything... Don't give them an excuse.

When you choose your Pioneer, make sure you get one of their AVIC series deck.

If you put speakers in, I'd recommend you order them from visions.ca best prices in North America and with the exchange rate, you won't believe it...
post #8 of 9 Old 05-13-2017, 08:54 PM

About your problem. Not sure it could happen while driving but I think this is scary as all **** to the point where I think it was irresponsible sending you on your way in that Trax. Imagine being on the freeway and this happening. The driver would have next to no control of his vehicle, you could not even signal your way to the emergency run off. I wonder if your hazard lights were even working.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-16-2017, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
No nothing worked but brakes and steering and engine running as well

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page