Can't be installed a Sound Systems? - Chevy Trax Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 03-12-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Can't be installed a Sound Systems?

Hi.

I don't know how true it is, but I stopped in many Sound Systems Workshop and ALL of them told me that it's not posible to install a Sound System on the Chevy Trax, like Amplifiers, Bass, etc. (Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc.).

According the dealers its because the Trax gives very, very low AMP. Also happens when trying to install an aftermarked (good brands) rear Camera and car alarm as well.

Any suggestions?
post #2 of 16 Old 03-12-2015, 01:45 PM

They're right to an extent.

To start you would need to go with an aftermarket headunit to have the ability to add an AMP and go about creating the setup you need. And replacing the stock headunit with an aftermarket one sure doesn't seem like an option, so you'd have to find somewhere to mount a 2nd headunit, which from how it's looking so far... there's just no where to do that. at least without doing any major changes.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-12-2015, 04:39 PM

I wouldn't think you would have to remove the head unit plus the stock head unit looks much cleaner in the Trax.

You can carefully disconnect the speakers from the head unit and feed the output to a supporting amp then back to the stock speakers or newly fitted aftermarket speakers. You can perform a similar wiring setup if you wanted to add some BASSSS.

post #4 of 16 Old 03-12-2015, 04:45 PM

This job however will take steady hands and having the right tools will also help out a lot. The hardest part is getting to the guts of the headunit. Once this has be achieved you can then use your electrical skills to run wire from the headunit to the supporting amp which can be placed under a seat or in the glove box. Maybe find an electrician with OCD, they'll do a really clean job lol
post #5 of 16 Old 03-12-2015, 06:32 PM

So if I'm understanding your post correctly, the shop is saying that not enough amperes (electric current) are being supplied by the factory system in order to power auxiliary audio accessories?

I'm not an audio professional, but surely there must be an auxiliary power device that can be installed to easily solve this problem?

See what another shop says in light of the above, and report back please!
post #6 of 16 Old 03-13-2015, 03:26 PM

That could work with the stock setup as all you really need are the AC out's to go to the AMP which will take care of the rest. But I doubt the stock head unit will have the AC outs needed.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-14-2015, 08:11 PM

You might want to consider getting a second opinion from another shop
post #8 of 16 Old 03-17-2015, 12:30 PM

Did you manage to seek advice and information on how to installed a sound system in the Trax? I'm sure if you go to a legit car audio store that they will be able to help you out no prob.
post #9 of 16 Old 03-17-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidetraxed View Post
So if I'm understanding your post correctly, the shop is saying that not enough amperes (electric current) are being supplied by the factory system in order to power auxiliary audio accessories?

I'm not an audio professional, but surely there must be an auxiliary power device that can be installed to easily solve this problem?

See what another shop says in light of the above, and report back please!

I will and let you all know. Just FYI, it's a second shop that I went and said the same thing: very low AMP... I'm not the only one that tried to do this. Several people tried also without success!

I will keep you all in touch.

Any other good advice, let me know.

Regards.

Last edited by lordphilippe; 03-17-2015 at 02:54 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-17-2015, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTrax View Post
I wouldn't think you would have to remove the head unit plus the stock head unit looks much cleaner in the Trax.

You can carefully disconnect the speakers from the head unit and feed the output to a supporting amp then back to the stock speakers or newly fitted aftermarket speakers. You can perform a similar wiring setup if you wanted to add some BASSSS.

I like this option! I will ask here!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page