Chevy Trax quirks - Page 2 - Chevy Trax Forum
 8Likes

post #11 of 55 Old 12-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxy View Post
Here's and other one I just noticed today, when signaling a lane change you don't have to hold the lever. When you depress it once and let go it automatically flashes 3 times.
I was wondering why the turn signals were blinking in the opposite direction 3 times after manually cancelling a turn signal.
post #12 of 55 Old 12-08-2017, 11:02 AM

I wonder if that can be turned off, my Miata has a choice, I can change it in the car features section on my infotainment screen.

I will take a look at my Buick when I go home tonight, we are still blessed with dry roads and sunshine here in the northeast.

My Miata is the car of choice when the roads are dry.
post #13 of 55 Old 12-09-2017, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
Haven't seen anything in the menus and I don't know why you'd want to turn it ''off'', kinda neat feature.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

post #14 of 55 Old 12-09-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
New one I noticed today, if you have your front wipers ''ON'' your rear wiper will automatically come on when you put your vehicle in reverse.

post #15 of 55 Old 12-28-2017, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswarm View Post
I really don't think the engine is big enough to hold back the speed that much. There's a long downhill run here where the Trax downshifts itself until it's about 3200RPM @50mph, and I still have to tap the brakes to slow to the speed limit of 45mph. If it dropped down another gear or two it would probably make no difference, except for the engine RPM raising to the point that I would start worrying. It's more of an assist.
I agree - the Trax has very little engine braking. I have some decent hills to go down and I like to try and hold my speed with the transmission and not using the service brakes, but I can't do it in either of our Trax's. These are 10% - 15% grades. If you want a good experience as to what engine braking feels like, go grab a diesel truck... My diesel truck I can hold speed without using the service brakes on 15% grades even towing.

Knowing this, I start out much slower on the big hills in the winter.

2016 Chevy Trax AWD - LS - Oil Pan Heater and Cargo Organizer.
post #16 of 55 Old 12-28-2017, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
An other quirk I have with my Trax is when I press the windshield pisser the wipers only sweep once, maybe this is a problem not sure, My Encore sweeps 3 times. When you're driving at highway speed one sweep just doesn't cut it so you have to turn your wipers on before you spray the windshield. Kind of a pain, the rear wiper sweeps 3 times though go figure.

post #17 of 55 Old 01-04-2018, 12:13 PM

My 2017 Trax hasn't been nearly warm enough in cold weather. When sitting and idling I have to rev the engine to get heat. This is even after driving 15 minutes. Anyone else?
Bill
post #18 of 55 Old 01-04-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wplanck View Post
My 2017 Trax hasn't been nearly warm enough in cold weather. When sitting and idling I have to rev the engine to get heat. This is even after driving 15 minutes. Anyone else?
Bill
Yes, the heater is a bit slow warming up even in Southern California. I did find this article for slightly older Trax which sounds like the same quirk.

The energy efficient engines that these vehicle are equipped with may not generate the same amount of heat at idle that the customer may be accustomed to when compared to older less efficient engines. Additionally, depending on extreme cold ambient temperatures, a short drive cycle under light engine load may also not generate enough heat to reach normal engine coolant operating temperatures as indicated by the engine coolant temperature gauge and therefore insufficient heat from the heater outlet ducts.
If there are no DTCs, the engine coolant level is correct and the thermostat is diagnosed as operating correctly, then the comment of the engine is slow to reach normal coolant operating temperatures should be considered as a normal operating condition of these energy efficient engines in cold ambient temperatures.
post #19 of 55 Old 01-05-2018, 11:18 AM

In cold weather, has anyone else noticed the white/blue cloud forming from the tail pipe? I have a 2017 Trax with 15000 miles. When ever the temp drops to single digits or colder I get a nasty smelling cloud that follows me for a couple miles. Once the engine warms up it stops.
post #20 of 55 Old 01-05-2018, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, mind did that last week at -23C about -9F for those who haven't caught up to the rest of the world. I believe it might be the PCV valve that freezes open until it thaws out and sucks oil from the valve cover into the intake. Mine stunk of burnt oil for a while. I guess at those temps we should let it run for several minutes before forcing this little 1.4 to work. Mine hasn't done it since but I thought I blew a gasket or something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page