Chevy Trax quirks - Chevy Trax Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 55 Old 11-29-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
Chevy Trax quirks

Anybody else notice funny stuff with the operation of their Trax for instance;

When you put you Trax in ''Neutral'' why does the rear wiper stop working and resume when you put it back in gear or even in ''Park''

When you don't put your seat belt on the blinker chimes instead of clicking

Why does engine braking only work in cruise mode?

I know there must be a logical engineering answer to this....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #2 of 55 Old 11-29-2017, 03:18 PM

I don't have cruise on my Trax, but engine braking does kick in when coasting downhill. I haven't noticed the other quirks but will watch for them.
post #3 of 55 Old 11-29-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bswarm View Post
I don't have cruise on my Trax, but engine braking does kick in when coasting downhill.
Mine does to a little bit without cruise but it won't downshift to hold it back. When you use the cruise it will let it gain about 5 mph then it will go into engine brake and if it keeps climbing it will actually downshift to try and hold back. It is a great option when you live on a hill like I do.

post #4 of 55 Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 PM

Mine downshifts. Maybe different programming on cruise mode?
post #5 of 55 Old 12-02-2017, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well tested this today in both state ''cruise and without''
First I tried with cruise set at 85kph going 90kph in a 90 and when the Trax accelerated to 93 down the hill, the torque converter locked up and the transmission dropped to 5th gear slowing it down all the way to 86 before unlocking the torque converter and shifting back up to sixth where it started to accelerate again down the hill. So I turned around and did the same with no cruise came to the top of the hill at 90 and took my foot of the gas and this time it only accelerated to 93 before the torque converter locked up and Trax fell on engine brake but it acted differently as it did not downshift and also didn't decelerate at all, in fact it went all the way up to 98 when I decided to apply the brake. It definitely acts differently with and without cruise.

Last edited by Traxy; 12-02-2017 at 08:35 PM.
post #6 of 55 Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
This isn't a qwirk, more like a nice to know for people with cold winters. I noticed that when the selector knob of the HVAC is in the windshield defrost position ( mixed or full ''ON'') that heated mirrors and rear windshield defrost get actuated when you remote start your Trax. I don't know yet if it checks outside temperature but I will keep an eye on it. This works differently than my wife's G6.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're going to remote start your car in the morning or even after work it is best to turn all 3 knobs fully clockwise.

Last edited by Traxy; 12-02-2017 at 08:38 PM.
post #7 of 55 Old 12-03-2017, 09:10 AM

I really don't think the engine is big enough to hold back the speed that much. There's a long downhill run here where the Trax downshifts itself until it's about 3200RPM @50mph, and I still have to tap the brakes to slow to the speed limit of 45mph. If it dropped down another gear or two it would probably make no difference, except for the engine RPM raising to the point that I would start worrying. It's more of an assist.
post #8 of 55 Old 12-06-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here's and other one I just noticed today, when signaling a lane change you don't have to hold the lever. When you depress it once and let go it automatically flashes 3 times.
Caeser99 and Danno44 like this.

post #9 of 55 Old 12-06-2017, 08:26 PM

I have the 2015 LTZ and I've read in the manual that the seat heaters should come on when remote-started below a certain temperature threshold - but that has never happened...has anyone figured this out?
post #10 of 55 Old 12-08-2017, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxy View Post
This isn't a qwirk, more like a nice to know for people with cold winters. I noticed that when the selector knob of the HVAC is in the windshield defrost position ( mixed or full ''ON'') that heated mirrors and rear windshield defrost get actuated when you remote start your Trax. I don't know yet if it checks outside temperature but I will keep an eye on it. This works differently than my wife's G6.
Just dependant on outside temperature because this morning it was -3C and I didn't have the defrost selected and rear defrost was switched on when I remote started the Trax.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page