Can't get the hang of this Remote Start - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 12-06-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Can't get the hang of this Remote Start

I've read the manual. It's a 2018 LT and the window sticker claims it has remote start. I hit the lock button then the start button at the bottom of remote... Then the horn starts beeping like I'm some sort of thief. No start. Just beep, beep, beep, beep.... What am I doing wrong? I'm not one to start and leave the car running to "warm up" but the gizmo is there and I want to try it.

Had the car 2 weeks with 550miles so far.

MJT
post #2 of 6 Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
Bottom button is the panic button. The button in the middle with the circle with an arrow point on one end is the start button. Depending on how your Trax was preset you may need to press the lock button twice then hold the middle button with the swirl until you see the park lights flicker once. Mine is set so I only need to lock once then hold start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #3 of 6 Old 12-07-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the wakeup call on the buttons. My remote looks a bit different. The buttons are stacked top to bottom separated by a chrome bar each. I was not pressing the right spot. Giant thumbs. Works fine. Yep. Once on the lock button and hit the start button for 4 seconds and vroom. Pretty slick. Hit the start button again to shut it off if so inclined.

What is really enjoyable is the backup camera. I really enjoy that thing. Makes backing into my narrow garage right down the middle easy.

Thanks Traxy.

MJT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg remote.jpg (279.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by MichaelJT; 12-07-2018 at 04:43 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 12-07-2018, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
FYI: When you remote start, it will run for 10 minutes then shutdown, you can restart one more time for 10 more minutes then it will not restart anymore. The third time you will have to actually go to the vehicle. This is a protection in case somebody is playing with the remote. I always turn all knobs completely clockwise in the winter when I turn off the key.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #5 of 6 Old 12-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJT View Post
Thanks for the wakeup call on the buttons. My remote looks a bit different. The buttons are stacked top to bottom separated by a chrome bar each. I was not pressing the right spot. Giant thumbs. Works fine. Yep. Once on the lock button and hit the start button for 4 seconds and vroom. Pretty slick. Hit the start button again to shut it off if so inclined.

What is really enjoyable is the backup camera. I really enjoy that thing. Makes backing into my narrow garage right down the middle easy.

Thanks Traxy.

MJT
1 - Position yourself and your remote 10 to 15 feet from the car (close enough to hear the doors lock but not too close). Make sure all remotes are well out of and away from the car.

2 - Press the center of the three buttons (the one with the picture of the closed lock). If you are close enough to the car in a relatively quiet area you will hear the door locks engage.

3 - Press and HOLD IN the bottom button (the one with the circular arrow) FOR 4 SECONDS or more until the engine starts. The headlights will go through a blinking routine as the engine starts running.

We can remotely start our 2018 Trax from inside a house window that is roughly 75 feet from the car.

Skip Douglas

Last edited by SkipD; 12-07-2018 at 07:06 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-08-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
1 - Position yourself and your remote 10 to 15 feet from the car (close enough to hear the doors lock but not too close). Make sure all remotes are well out of and away from the car.

2 - Press the center of the three buttons (the one with the picture of the closed lock). If you are close enough to the car in a relatively quiet area you will hear the door locks engage.

3 - Press and HOLD IN the bottom button (the one with the circular arrow) FOR 4 SECONDS or more until the engine starts. The headlights will go through a blinking routine as the engine starts running.

We can remotely start our 2018 Trax from inside a house window that is roughly 75 feet from the car.

Just to be clear Skip. As I posted above, I figured out what I was doing wrong. Remote works fine and I can use it just fine now. I was merely pressing in the wrong place on the remote.

I will not most likely use it on a regular basis either. I just wanted to test it out of curiosity. It is a feature that I paid for and I wanted to ensure that it worked.

Good clear tutorial however.

Thanks;

MJT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page