Recall - Chevy Trax Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 53 Old 05-29-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Recall

How many have recieved the recall on the lower control arms? I took mine to the dealer at the beginning of May to have it checked. Received a call 3 hours later saying they are keeping it and will provide a rental. A 2019 Silverado rental.
When I arrived to go over the issue they said it could take 2 to 4 weeks or longer before they get the new parts in.
post #2 of 53 Old 06-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Haven't heard anything on my 2018.
post #3 of 53 Old 06-02-2019, 03:51 AM

Last I heard is that GM is creating a tool to measure the depth of the welds. Until that is created, shipped out. and a "lawyer instructions" is prepared its in limbo. My dealership didn't even know about the recall until I told them the day after the recall came out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
That which does not kill me had better start running.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 53 Old 06-05-2019, 12:58 PM

My 65 year old mom and I went shopping this past weekend because she needs something good to drive to Drs appointments this summer. We found a 18 redline Trax on the back row at a local dealer and she wanted it. The salesman told her that they couldn't sell it to her because it had a recall (seat track) and they couldn't sell it until the recall was completed. So a deal was made to make $1,000 cash down payment and mom was told that the deal could probably be finished in the next week. So it turns out after VIN check that it is this lower control arm recall and not a seat slider issue. Now Mom is pissed because she needs a car fairly quickly and who knows how long it will take for this recall to be completed. She's going to call the dealer in a little bit and see if they tell her it's actually the control arm recall.
post #5 of 53 Old 06-05-2019, 01:01 PM

I just got a email from her.

" called and he said they are waiting on the parts and it'll probably be next week. I told him we saw on internet where its a control arm problem and theres no fix. He said it is and they've already fixed 2 new ones. I said some people have been waiting 3 months. I want it as soon as possible. He said they'd let me know when it comes in. I said I'd like it delivered too, he said no problem. So guess I'll wait.
"
post #6 of 53 Old 06-06-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Update- went to the dealership to day and bo word on parts for it. They could not give me an ETA on when they will arrive. My car has been there one.month so far.
post #7 of 53 Old 06-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Wait, So are people having to leave their cars at the dealership if the recall affects it? I just moved and now commute 100 mi. a day, part of which is on a dirt, rutted road. I am starting to wonder if I should take my Trax in instead of waiting.

post #8 of 53 Old 06-11-2019, 01:19 PM

With the recall being a bad weld on a critical component, the lawyers will not let them give it back if there is any chance of it breaking and causing a crash. But then they are also required to offer you a loaner. I need to find if mine is on the list, maybe the loaner will be more fun than the Trax.

Jeff
2018 Trax LT AWD
2015 Trax LS AWD Sold
post #9 of 53 Old 06-15-2019, 12:40 PM

I received the letter about a month ago telling me to wait and I would receive further communications of when to bring it in to the dealership. I hadn’t received that letter yet but I brought my car into a ford dealership to get my oil changed and discribed a popping noise I hear when I go over bumps. Apparently it was the control arm and they marked it at Critical condition. I had it towed to a Chevy dealership and they immediately gave me a 2019 Camero (Equinox after finding out my son wouldn’t fit in the backseat) rental. They said that Chevy hasn’t even started to manufacture the new part and they have to use the recall specific part. They estimated it would take anywhere between 1 week to 6 months until I get my car back.
post #10 of 53 Old 06-15-2019, 10:29 PM

Took mine in on Wednesday. Because on Tuesday I noticed my steering wheel was suddenly "cocked" to the right and a slight pull. I was told BOTH control arms failed. They are keeping Dinah "at least 30 days". BUT they did put me into a fully loaded Impala Premium. The Impala is honestly one of the nicer cars I have ever been in. And that includes BMW and Mercedes. I am happy with the car as I don't need my AWD trax until it snows again. Per my dealership they are to put people into "long term rentals" per Chevy corporate. My local Enterprise rental was saving every chevy that they had and putting people into anything they could.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page