remote key issues - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
remote key issues

Can you take a key fob from another Trax and reprogram it to your car?

I purchased one from Ebay and am going through the reprogramming sequence and i can't get the one i just purchased to program. What's worse is the car is asking for key #2 and when i push the start button with the new key in the cup holder nothing happens. Now every time i go to start the car it asks for key #2 and i have to hold the start button for 10 seconds to get out of programming mode before i can start the car.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks.
post #2 of 3 Old 09-07-2019, 09:24 PM

Normally the reprogramming on your own works fine but in this case it almost seems like you might have to take it to a dealer if you can't get it going.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Before taking it to a dealer, pull the battery and let it sit out for 30 seconds. Then press all the buttons 3-5 times each. This should completely reset any power to the remote and start it like new. Then program as normal. That should take care of it, if not you have just gotten a bad key from Ebay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
That which does not kill me had better start running.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page