cant change the date/time on 2019 trax - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 11-04-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
cant change the date/time on 2019 trax

hi,

with the dst ending this past sunday and returning to standard time , i went to change the time on my trax's radio and i cant change the time or date.

i bought the trax on feb 28, 2019 and i was able to change the clock back in march with no issues.

i go to "home", "settings", "system", "date/time". when i press the "change time", the menu will not advance to allow me to change the time. the same thing happens with the "change data" menu. the only option that i can do something with under "data/time" menu is change the clock format to 12 hour or 24 hour/military time.

i have searched the internet for an solution and im not finding any solutions to the problem im having. i see this has been an issue and discussed as far back as 2015 but no solution are mentioned other than take the trax to the dealer to have the radio reprogrammed/updated by the dealer.

does anybody know how to resolve this issue without going to the dealer? i havent tried to factory reset the radio yet only because in dont want to have to change all the setting again and resync my android phone to the vehicle.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
post #2 of 4 Old 11-04-2019, 11:08 PM

I have a 2017 Trax LT and this is the first time mine has not automatically updated itself after the time change since I have owned the vehicle.(2 years)

I turned off the Auto Set mode and manually corrected the time, then turned the Auto Set back on and a couple minutes later it jumped back to the hour later time.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-05-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
hi,

if you dont mind, can you share where in the menus i can find the "Auto Set mode"? i have been through every menu on the radio/infotainment system and i can find any reference to "Auto Set mode".

post #4 of 4 Old 11-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Interestingly mine fixed itself while driving to work this morning. It may just be a coincidence but my vehicle was being polled for the Monthly Diagnostic report at the same time.

On my vehicle the path to this menu item is
Home -> Settings -> Time and Date -> Auto Set

When Auto Set is turned On, the Set Time and Set Date menu items are grayed out and not select-able.

Don't forget my vehicle is a 2017, I don't know if this has changed in later model years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page