2017 Chevrolet Trax Makes Canadian Debut in Quebec City - Chevy Trax Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 25 Old 03-04-2016, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2017 Chevrolet Trax Makes Canadian Debut in Quebec City

The all-new 2017 Chevrolet Trax made its Canadian debut at the Quebec City Auto Show on February 29th. The 2017 model has undergone a mid-cycle refresh that has updated its looks and features to bring it into line with the current standards in the segment.

The 2017 Chevy Trax comes in three trim levels: LS, LT and Premier. Multiple alluring features are on offer with the Trax, such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a 7" touch screen. There are also a wide array of safety technologies, which include Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning.

Most of the changes that the Trax has seen are cosmetic. There are additional chrome accents, a revised instrument layout, and a new grille and headlamps that bring the Trax's design more into line with the Malibu, Cruze and Volt.

Remaining constant is the singlular engine available for the Trax. The 2017 Chevy Trax will run on a 1.4L 4-cylinder Ecotec engine that is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. It produces 138 HP and 148 lb-ft of torque.

Last edited by TraxAdmin; 03-07-2016 at 05:30 PM.
post #2 of 25 Old 03-05-2016, 12:02 PM

This may be my next new vehicle I really like what they have done to the new Trax.

I wish they would offer us the manual trans, this would make certain I would be drving a 17 Trax

Last edited by beeguz; 03-05-2016 at 12:05 PM.
post #3 of 25 Old 03-06-2016, 07:24 PM

Seems like car manufacturers are slowly phasing out manual cars. Too bad they didn't update it with a more powerful engine.

post #4 of 25 Old 03-08-2016, 06:58 PM

More powerful engines only happen when there's a real need for it and when you increase power fuel economy becomes a concern, lots to factor in.
post #5 of 25 Old 03-09-2016, 12:51 PM

The Trax is available with a standard transmission but as far as I can see only with front wheel drive, and only out of the US.

I was very impressed with the power of my Trax, its no corvette but for the tiny motor it is it moves along nicely.

My Trax was very lively and nimble, maybe because I never had passengers or loads of any kind in it, I thought it did quite well for being a 1.4 a honda with 1.8 doesn't feel as lively.

I haven't test driven the new honda turbo 1.5 but I will at some point before I make my next new car purchase.
post #6 of 25 Old 03-09-2016, 03:19 PM

Glad to hear your positive feedback about the power since in this segment with what the Trax offers there isn't much room for an individual to improve that area (and they shouldn't) just going to cost too much to get an noticeable amount of power.

Putting more value into your feedback is the fact you have driven something with 'real' power, a Corvette.
post #7 of 25 Old 02-10-2017, 08:24 AM

If someone wants a sporty mini suv. The one to get is the Juke Nismo. But the back seat is unusable for anyone bigger than a toddler and a trip to Costco means the toddlers feet will be resting on the paper towel.
post #8 of 25 Old 02-10-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
If someone wants a sporty mini suv. The one to get is the Juke Nismo. But the back seat is unusable for anyone bigger than a toddler and a trip to Costco means the toddlers feet will be resting on the paper towel.
The reason most buy the Trax or Encore is the usable space in the back, I bought mine to take the place of my pick up and not pay tons of money to use it.

A 4wd truck is a nice thing to own for the convenience of hauling things, but paying $30K for a basic truck, then the slap in the face of 10 to 15 MPG everytime you need it was just too much for me.
James and Karmike2 like this.
post #9 of 25 Old 02-10-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeguz View Post
The reason most buy the Trax or Encore is the usable space in the back, I bought mine to take the place of my pick up and not pay tons of money to use it.

A 4wd truck is a nice thing to own for the convenience of hauling things, but paying $30K for a basic truck, then the slap in the face of 10 to 15 MPG everytime you need it was just too much for me.
Exactly what I have going on in my head as well.

The only "extreme" I would go to is getting a wrangler which can in a way function like a truck but no point getting it or anything beyond your daily needs.

Much easier on your wallet to get something that meets and even just slightly exceeds your needs and renting something for those anomalies.
post #10 of 25 Old 02-11-2017, 09:59 PM

Jeep isn't really that reliable especially when it comes to the Wrangler even if the four door is pretty spacious. The Chevy Trax is just a good all rounder for an affordable price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page