Steep Discounts For Small Cars Including The 2017 Chevy Trax - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 11-16-2017, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Steep Discounts For Small Cars Including The 2017 Chevy Trax

Thatís right, automakers are offering some pretty great discounts on their small cars in an effort to draw in some of those customers who are stampeding towards the SUV section. These sale models can range from a sporty Volkswagen Golf GTI to a fuel sipping Cruze. In fact, 2017 Trax models are eligible for 20% off MSRP.

Full details on these November discounts can be found on CarsDirect, though one will need to read the fine print. A full 20% off sounds great because that is $5,759 in savings when you purchase a loaded Premier, but the offer canít be combined with any other November promotions. This means you have to choose between 0% financing for 72 months or that 20%.

Maybe Chevy will offer even better incentives closer to Christmas, nobody knowns until next month. But what we are certain of is just how great of a crossover the 2017 Trax is. Even the entry-level trim is surprisingly well equipped with standard features like a rearview camera, power mirrors, seven-inch color touchscreen, a tilt/telescopic steering column and more.

Sure the turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder isnít the most spirited engine one can find in a crossover, but 138 horsepower for just $21,895 (destination charge included) is a great deal. Even better if you tack on that 20% discount.
post #2 of 9 Old 11-18-2017, 08:57 AM

I like my Trax but i miss the Cruze in the handling side of it not too much chance of the Cruze tipping over.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-18-2017, 10:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
But the Trax has the same technology against rollover as the Cruze and true that the Trax can easier be put in a rollover situation because of it's higher center of gravity but the stabilitrak does a great job in case you over correct in a steer. I've had the experience in a sharp turn coming down a hill with a bump in it on Cape Breton road. I was travelling a bit too fast for the road and neglected to observe the amber sign indicating reduce speed to 30 Kph ( 20mph ). Well the passenger side rear wheel must have lifted slightly off the ground because stabilitrak kicked in, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and I heard the ABS system which litterally slowed me down quite a bit. I didn't hear tire squeal, I didn't feel out of control but the system is a bit noisy when it works hard. I was surprised as too how well it worked. Drivers are easily distracted as I was that day not paying enough attention to the road. I hope I never hear that sound again but glad it's lurking in the background for our safety. I would probably have made it through the turn okay without it but who knows for sure. Wish my dash cam had been installed at the time, I would have had a perfect video example to corroborate this anecdote and you would have maybe heard the noise it makes and maybe a few cuss words to boot.

Turn in question:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Last edited by Traxy; 11-18-2017 at 11:03 AM.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-18-2017, 06:28 PM

The Best bang for the buck !
post #5 of 9 Old 11-20-2017, 12:32 PM

The Trax and Encore could use some help in the handling department, a rear sway bar would help matters.

I don't think there is much out there to help these cars take the corners better.

It looks like the Buick has a little thicker front bar, but that does nothing to help the rear.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
The rear has a sway bar, it is designed right into the trailing axles ''C'' channel. If you want to stiffen it you just have to weld shut a few holes in the cross piece.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Last edited by Traxy; 11-20-2017 at 12:39 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-04-2018, 02:32 PM

I will admit I bought my 2018 Trax because of the huge discounts I was offered . I had a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe v6 ( miss the 6 I do)
Even gave me a huge discount going from the Santa Fe to Chevrolet . So far I am impressed with vehicle I do think a slightly larger engine would’ve been a better idea . Like a 2.2 or 1.8 With a turbo . I Find the whole OnStar system rather creepy. I never been big on General Motors vehicles Based on my past experience with them . However I did like my Saturn Vie (2003)
post #8 of 9 Old 04-04-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanester View Post
I will admit I bought my 2018 Trax because of the huge discounts I was offered . I had a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe v6 ( miss the 6 I do)
Even gave me a huge discount going from the Santa Fe to Chevrolet . So far I am impressed with vehicle I do think a slightly larger engine wouldíve been a better idea . Like a 2.2 or 1.8 With a turbo . I Find the whole OnStar system rather creepy. I never been big on General Motors vehicles Based on my past experience with them . However I did like my Saturn Vie (2003)
The Encore is available with the new 1.4 Turbo used in the Cruze. 153 hp and 177 torque beginning 2016 year.

You can get a tune that ups the power significantly, warranty could be questioned though. I probably will once warranty expires.

Onstar yes I agree somewhat and will not pay once trial is over. But it could be the difference between life and death under certain circumstances. And it is nice to be able to remote start, lock or unlock doors, and check tire pressure fuel level etc...

2017 Encore AWD Premium LE2
2014 Town and Country 30th Ann
2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
post #9 of 9 Old 05-05-2018, 02:59 AM

heard from dealer that GM will always extend your basic plan (the 5-year one) for free, because they cannot up-sell you for the premium plan if you do not have the basic one enabled. Lol

2017 Trax LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page