New Trax owner from New Brunswick - Chevy Trax Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 79 Old 09-16-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
New Trax owner from New Brunswick

Hello all, bought this beauty as a wreck, really don't understand why insurance wrote this one off. Must have something to do with new vehicle replacement policies. No air bags deployed and the vehicle wasn't even in an impact, it was just ditched from lost of control. I replaced driver's side headlamp assembly, driver's side mirror, driver's side fender, driver's side mudflap and lower front valance in one mornings workout. Buffed the paint and voilà! Brought it for an alignment and they didn't touch it, said it was bang on. I was lucky to get the fender and mirror of the right color.

I've since made it more mine by adding front fog lights, rear bumper protector and doing little stuff like painting the front bow-tie and rear wiper cover. This replaces my old 2007 Cobalt which was a great car and my 2011 Silverado, wish I could say it was a great vehicle but the check engine light was on more often than alarm clock.

Today I replaced all four center caps that were really corroded from last winters driving, will never happen again with me.

ChevyTraxLS+ likes this.

Last edited by Traxy; 09-16-2017 at 04:57 PM.
post #2 of 79 Old 09-17-2017, 07:12 AM

Nice job, looks good. If not for needing more room, we would still have our Trax. Hope you enjoy is for a long time, maybe a little tint on the front door windows next ?
post #3 of 79 Old 09-18-2017, 10:51 AM

Great rescue story and a really beautiful car. Looks like she's finally found a good home. Don't tell my black LT, but I think yours is one of the best looking colors available on the Trax.

post #4 of 79 Old 09-18-2017, 01:12 PM

Nice looking Trax, you can find some great cars that need very little in the way of repair that were written off for small amounts of damage.

A friend of mine builds wrecks, he buys cars makes the repairs then sells them after driving them for awhile, he buys high end cars mostly.

Good luck with your new Trax.
post #5 of 79 Old 09-18-2017, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
Forgot to mention this is a 2016.
post #6 of 79 Old 09-20-2017, 12:24 PM

Congratulations on your new treasure. It looks beautiful!
post #7 of 79 Old 09-22-2017, 09:14 AM

Welcome to the forum!
post #8 of 79 Old 09-24-2017, 07:38 PM

Did you put the front tag on? Mine didn't come with one installed and now I want one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #9 of 79 Old 09-24-2017, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
What do you call tag? French guy here and I don't know all the American terms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #10 of 79 Old 09-26-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxy View Post
What do you call tag? French guy here and I don't know all the American terms.
Tag is the license plate I think he is referring to the license plate bracket or holder.

My car came with one I took it off, because Pennsylvania is a one license plate state.
Of course now I have 4 little holes that the dealer drilled in my bumper, but the little holes are better than that big black thing to hold the plate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page