You'll Eventually Hit 60mph - Page 3 - Chevy Trax Forum
 7Likes

post #21 of 23 Old 09-17-2017, 01:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
I also have the pair, love these, the Encore is much nicer and quieter of course but I kinda like the Trax for it's simplicity. I'm averaging 7l/100K ( 33.6 mpgUS )with the Encore and 7.3l/100K ( 32.2 mpgUS ) with thee Trax. The Trax is AWD and mostly used around town and the Encore is front wheel drive and mostly used for long trips in the summer. (Way more comfortable than the Trax ) This explains the better average of the Encore although way heavier than the Trax.

There's the pair

post #22 of 23 Old 01-03-2019, 11:03 AM

I put a trifecta tune on my wifes trax. It improved the 0-60 time from 9.4-9.6 down to 7.8-8.2 depending on weather. That was a significant difference and you can really feel it. It's just about perfect and keeps up with traffic more readily and doesn't feel like you should be wary to pull out into traffic anymore. The only downside is there's a little bit of surge now, but that's due to the turbocharger design when being pushed a little harder.

Did i mention you can use the stock tune at any time you want by just by pressing the cruise control button and turning it on?

Last edited by w00t692; 01-03-2019 at 12:31 PM.
post #23 of 23 Old 01-04-2019, 09:10 AM

Yes the 1.4 is a little slow to accelerate, but there is enough usable torque at low cruising rpm to easily keep up with traffic at any speed you wish. To put over 200 hp and kill the mpg would be defeating the purpose of having the small SUV in the first place.

Sure GM could make an SS version with more hp, but do you think the marketplace of these buyers would really want that? They would not sell enough to be worth it. Plus GM needs to keep mpg numbers up for their fleet.

And as Woot mentioned, get a tune if you want more power. It is easily the best bang for your buck mod and way cheaper than buying an SS version if GM offered it.

2017 Encore AWD Premium LE2
2014 Town and Country 30th Ann
2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page